“Fabulous!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I ordered the teriyaki chicken w/ sesame chicken platter. I say platter because it's enough food to feed 2-3 people. It comes with miso soup, salad, tempura and rice. Very delicious, great service, beautiful ambiance, right in my neighborhood for a very affordable price! I will definitely patronage this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Octopus Japanese Fusion Restaurant

Reviewed June 11, 2010

Have been visiting Octopus with my dh for several years now, mainly for sushi and sashimi. We sit only at the sushi bar. We are big sushi enthusiasts and have tried probably 25 sushi restaurants all told in the So. Cal. area. This one is my favorite and his second favorite.

What Octopus restaurant does better than any other in my humble opinion, is the following: sashimi salad (generous portions of fish, excellent quality greens, nice handmade dressing); Sensual Pleasure sushi roll (dh's fave thing to order); and a fabulous deep fried banana dessert that you simply must try. The remaining sushi and sashimi selections are above average, and the chefs are pleasant and professional. Admittedly I have not sampled their cooked selections, so I cannot commment on them.

The prices at Octopus are reasonable and competitive, and the restaurant is modern casual decor. We usually go for lunch before a matinee at the theater next door--tends not to be busy then.

2  Thank girlbug2
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Went to this restaurant on a recommendation. You are better off buying the prepackaged sushi from the grocery store next door . We tried a few simple dishes to test the waters and we were very disappointed. It all tasted the same . That "taste" was bland. After all was said and done my wife and I didn't think we ate sushi. We ate a whole bunch of rice. Although, the best thing was the bottled beer. We figured you couldn't screw that up.

1  Thank caboriqua
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Hacienda Heights, California
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Very good... I like the tofu salad amongst the regular staple items. Fairly good service and nice ambiance.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Their Tempura Green Tea Ice Cream is amazinggg. Really nice waiters, especially Bruce & Eugene. They run out of the tempura green tea ice cream sometimes b/c so many ppl order them. In case that happens, get the plum one. The sushi's pretty fresh when you get there earlier in the evening. Uni's overpriced but still tasty.