“Best Pastrami Sandwich !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Hat
Ranked #2 of 193 Restaurants in Brea
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
adkins,tx
“Best Pastrami Sandwich !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My 1st time here I'm from San Antonio, TX & came here on recommendation of a friend!! He told me to order chili cheese fries & pastrami sandwich . This was the best tasting pastrami ever!! Great portion enough for 2. The chili cheese fries are the bomb !! I will definitely go there every time I make it up to cali!!

Escondido
“Worth every fat gram”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you have heart disease I recommend you stay away. Everything is fatty and delicious! The pastrami sandwiches are packed and way delicious! The tamales smothered in chili was pretty tasty as well, but I think they do pastrami better.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orange, California
“World's Best Pastrami Sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The 'Hat' is so conservative that they don't even claim to have the 'World's Best Pastrami Sandwiches'. BUT THEY ARE! It's a 'walk in, order at the counter and wait for your number to be called' kind of place. They are friendly, fast, and efficient! The sides are incredible; french fries and onion rings are the crowd favorite it seems. If there's only two or three of you, only place a single order for either because they give you a huge amount.
The pastrami is thin sliced, very moist and flavorful, and the buns are single dipped with just a small amount of mustard (just to make it an official pastrami dip. Then add more to your liking.
Overall, a great place; worth driving miles to get one!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thehort
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Been there before but years ago.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My California buddy had taken me there about 5 years ago and what I remembered about this place is that they put gravy on the fries ( if you want it ). At first I was NOT going to try it but eventually changed my mind and I am glad I did. It was great. I also had the Pastrami sandwich and it was great as well. All in all I would go to this place again. A funny about this place. I frequent the Brea 24 hour fitness which is basically across the street. I have been going there for about a year now and NEVER saw this restaurant because I turn off of Stae College onto Imperial heading for the 57. It's tucked nicely behind a gas station. HA!

• Visited October 2012
“THE BEST PASTRAMI!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

There is nothing to dislike about the Pastrami at THE HAT, except that it is not on my corner. BUT...I do get out Brea way frequenlly and stop to bring home a couple of sandwhiches. One for today and one for later. The full parking lot, the lines inside and the line at the drivethru tell the whole story. One of these days I will try something new there, but for now if I get near the place Pastrami calls to me

Visited June 2012