“A bit pricey”

Cross street: Brea Blvd.
Los Angeles, California
“A bit pricey”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Too much money for what it was. We got the full meal and you cook your meats and shrimp and chicken and after all that you get apples and caramel, and chocolate. The price is just too high.

Visited February 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Great Atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a really fun and trendy restaurant to go too. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. We went for an anniversary and they kept our reservation even though we were 20 minutes late. The food was really good and the atmosphere was wonderful. The price of the food was quite expensive. I would recommend going here for appetizers or dessert.

• Visited December 2013
San Bernardino, California
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went here for an anniversary dinner. We had gotten a good deal from Living Social. The host who seated us was very nice and informative. Our waitress was not as good. It took about 10 minutes for her to come to our table the first time. And in between courses we only saw her when she was being out the next dish. She also didn't take the dirty dishes off the table. A bus boy had to come pick them up. So they would start to pile up on the small table. We had the cheddar cheese. I didn't really like the flavor. Too much beer flavor and not enough cheese. My husband did like the cheese. The salad did not have much favor at all. Very plain. The entrée was good. No major complaints there. I thought the raviolis were pointless. They didn't have much flavor and did seem to have a dipping sauce to match with. I'm not a big dessert fan so the chocolate was too rich. It was good with the fruit but the cake and brownies were too much. I wish we could have chosen what we waned to dip in the chocolate. Over all it was an ok experience. Not really worth the price we would have paid if we didn't have the deal. Don't know if we would make the trip down again. Probably would try to find a place more local.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank tiggergurl
Huntington Beach, California
“Unique Concept”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Melting Pot is a fun, "special occasion" type of place to go for a date, birthday, or other event. The idea is based around dipping and/or cooking foods at your table in different fondues and/or broths. It is a very fun and social concept. Due to the price vs portion ratio, I wouldn't go here on a routine basis, but the food is delicious and the service is top-notch. The service here is the type one would expect at a 5-star restaurant; very polite and interactive.

Overall, everything was fantastic except that the pricing is a little aggressive for how much food you are given. Just remember you are going here for quality food, top-notch service, and most importantly the fun, unique experience. If you go into it with that mind frame, you will be very pleased.

• Visited September 2013
Anaheim, California
“The Melting Pot in Brea, CA debuts new menu experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Quattro Formaggio Cheese Fondue is their award-winning Butterkäse and Fontina cheeses blended with roasted garlic, basil and tomato pestos and accented with fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. It is fantastic! It's my favorite cheese fondue I've tried and hope it makes it on the regular menu someday. The combination of cheeses is creamy and buttery from the Butterkase and Fontina, gooey from the mozzarella, and slightly salty and pungent from the parmesan. The roasted garlic made the flavor mind-numbing and found myself trying to scrape every last bit of cheese out of the pot. Thumbs up, way up!

Premium Cheese Fondue Dippers are sliced Italian meats including capicolla, mortadella and salami accompanied by slices of summer sausage and cornichons. This is a wonderful addition to the cheese fondue course and now I'm hooked. The meats tasted so good with the cheese. As the hot cheese clings on to the Italian meat, it starts to melt the fat pockets for a secondary flavor experience. I'm so glad they added these Premium Cheese Fondue Dippers to the menu and can't wait to get them again! Thumbs up, way up!

Ahi Tuna with Spinach & Edamame Dumplings is sesame-crusted ahi tuna paired with hand-formed dumplings filled with a mixture of sesame, spinach and edamame. The Ahi Tuna is a wonderful seafood addition and works well with the Bourguignonne Cooking Style which will rapidly sear the outside leaving the interior perfectly rare. It was so soft and exquisite, no sauces or seasonings were necessary. Of course, you can always use them as you wish. The Edamame Dumplings were like vegetable wontons, again, using the Bourguignonne Cooking Style. They were perfectly golden brown and crispy on the outside. The edamame, spinach, and sesame flavors worked well together. Dipping in the sweet & sour plum sauce made it even better. Thumbs up, way up!

Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Fondue was interesting. A great play with the sweet and salty dance of the dark chocolate and salt. I think it would have been better with the salt cooked into the caramel as opposed to just sprinkling it into the chocolate. The large grains added a little too much salt in one mouthful. Maybe kosher salt would work better as it melts quicker than the harder rock or sea salts. Kudos for effort!

Memphis-Style BBQ Pork Medallion was pork tenderloin with BBQ spice rub and tender as can be! The rub on the outside was fabulous - great smokehouse BBQ flavor without the sticky sauce. The flavor just jumps out at you! The outside crisped up nicely in the Bourguignonne Cooking Style by sealing in the all of the juices. Thumbs up, way up!

Orange Honey Duck Breast was amazing! The orange glaze was subtle but didn't overpower the natural sweet flavor of the duck. I seared it in the Bourguignonne Cooking Style as I love duck rare just like a steak. Even at this cooking temperature, it was tender and juicy like a great piece of steak. Thumbs up, way up!

Flaming Turtle is an irresistible combination of milk chocolate, caramel and candied pecans flambéed tableside. I love the flambéed items as you get a fire show at your table. It also peaks the interest of your neighboring diners as they ask you which flavor you ordered. The combination of flavors worked well together and tasted just like the Turtle candy. Thumbs up, way up!

• Visited July 2013