“Great Pool, Great Location.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Portland, Oregon
“Great Pool, Great Location.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This property is not only well located, well appointed, and meticulously maintained, it's just a great location for a get-away. Super service at breakfast from friendly and helpful staff in a clean dining area. I would go out of my to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Boston
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here several times for business trips. I love the Embassy Suite's format with the living room and bedroom; a large television is available in each room of the unit. The theme at this location is ancient Egypt. The courtyard has pools with Koi.

The manager's reception each evening in the sports bar is a nice way to relax. There is a selection of some free alcoholic beverages and snacks. The free breakfast is nice, with omelets made to order and other hot choices.

The hotel is a very short walk across a parking lot to the mall and there is another shopping center across the street. Lots of choices for restaurants right in the area.

I have never used the pool or the exercise facility so I cannot comment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. There are some nice mountains in the distance
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel has become our destination of choice for LA stays - from the ornate, spacious lobby to the lush atrium filled with the music of multiple sparkling fountains, to the comfortable guest suites overlooking the interior of the hotel, its a place to just relax and hang out! Delicious breakfast including made-to-order eggs and all the fixings. Only downside - we had to pay for internet connection, and it was per-device.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've stayed at this Embassy on a number of occasions, and while I really enjoy the ease of parking, location, great room design, service and interior layout it's important enough to mention the few things that I do NOT like as well, which is why I am writing yet another review of this property. I think most guests will get their money's worth out of this place but the two glaring weaknesses I've encountered so far are as follows:

There is a $10/day rate for internet unless you are a HHonors member and even though I am, I still had to call the front desk before their system validated my membership number. Who does this anymore? Really? I can go to any McDonalds or Starbucks, spend $1 on a cup of joe and get free internet there that's just as "Hi-Speed".

Secondly; and this is a big one for me, the last time I stayed here the room smelled very badly of tobacco smoke. It was instant 80's flash-back, as the room had obviously once been a smoking room even though it is no longer. I am very sensitive to these things and it's worth the entire price of a stay just to not stay in a room that smells like a Motel 6. This was very disappointing, and why I would rate this property average at best.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a room that is non-smoking now and ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank wildlandphoto
Russell H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry that you did not enjoy your most recent stay. We will take your comments regarding the internet under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The condition of our suites is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. The issue that some of our rooms smelled like smoke has been addressed with our Director of Engineering and we are very sorry this led to uncomfortable stay at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife took me here for my birthday, we usually stay at the Embassy Anaheim North but since they sold it to a someone else it went downhill fast. We only stayed at the Brea location for 1 night but left wishing we could have stayed longer, the entire staff was friendly and helpful. I am a Hilton Honers member (Silver) also and wished the wi-fi was free for all Honers members, we have already reserved another stay and will be glad to return hoping this stay will be as great as the last. We have found our getaway Embassy, our new home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Hook, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a family wedding. It is centrally located in downtown Brea, next to the Civic Center and a major mall. The hotel itself is very large with a huge atrium surrounded by 7 floors of rooms. Breakfast was included in the rate and was served in the atrium. We also saw other cocktail-style events being served there. Because it is such a focal point, we were surprised to see the number of skylights which needed to be replaced. It looked like their protective coatings were cracked and peeling. This gave a sense of deferred maintenance - never a good thing.
The breakfasts were diverse and had something for everyone. Our rate also included a Manager's Reception in the Sports Bar during happy hour. We are not big drinkers, so the offerings were perfectly adequate for us. We also had a late lunch in the Sports Bar when we arrived. Our waiter did a heroic job of tending to patrons seating at the bar and restaurant tables as well as handle room service! He was just spread too thin but maintained a cheerful and can-do attitude through it all. We attended a private dinner party which featured a lovely buffet and efficient service.
We had a large suite on the top floor. The decor was pleasant and modern but the suite could have used better lighting. It just seemed really dark. The beds were very comfortable and everything was kept clean. It was also very quiet..
The staff was friendly, attentive and responsive. They also provided shuttle transportation to and from the wedding which was a big help. As out-of-towners just in for the weekend, we did not have to rent a car (we took a shuttle from John Wayne Airport - a little long but the price was right). Brides and event planners considering this hotel - take note!
My husband used the pool and hot tub. Both were clean and well-maintained.
Overall, we had a good experience and would recommend this hotel.
An aside - We took advantage of the hotel's location near the mall to have lunch at the Nordstrom Marketplace Cafe - highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the top floor facing the main road - although busy during the day it was very quie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CiaoBella112
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This location is close to shopping. The rooms are 2 rooms which is nice if you have company. I did have problems with accessing the wi-fi and I am an Honors member, so it should have been free, so that was disappointing. The Breakfast is typically the same daily, but good overall, and plenty of food. There is a manager's reception in the bar which is nice with light snacks.
Overall this location has a great staff and the stay was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,034 reviews

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County? Share your experiences!