“Not what we expected..”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lambert
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to chose this restaurant to celebrate NewYears Day late lunch with our friends. Not a lot of places open, but based on reviews, this place looked promising. Although we had visited the Cedar Creek Inn in the desert in the past, we had never been here before. We decided to eat in the bar with is huge with plenty of tables a found a cozy table for the four of us(#62). We ordered some drinks and a couple of appetizers, i. e. calamari and grilled artichoke. Calamari was very good, and the artichoke was okay. Our waiter came back after we had finished the appetizers and took our entrée and wine orders; however, he didn’t bother clearing the table. Not good, sine the table was a little small for the amount of food and drinks were we’re having. We had to place some empty beer bottles and plates on the floor in order to be comfortable. We all ordered salads: seared ahi, seafood, grilled salmon and Cobb. The waiter, it appeared,returned within minutes after we ordered with the entrees. The salads appeared to have been made earlier since the protein and salad were ice cold. Not what you expect at $25+/- per entree. I really didn’t question anything or call the waiter back at that time since we were having a great time with friends. Also, the Iris Pinot Noir at $50 was very average. However, chatted with my wife later and came to this conclusion on our experience. Food: salads were very good; Pre made vs fresh is unknown.Service: poor to average; Wine: average. Overall 3 minus. Would love to hear from Management on salad issues before we decide to go back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (220)

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

To celebrate my 73rd birthday, my husband chose Cedar Creek Inn in Brea. A wonderful place: ambience is serene, food good and service is attentive without being intrusive. My husband chose the filet mignon while I chose the sea bass. For dessert we had the coconut cake and triple chocolate cake, both with vanilla bean ice cream.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank lenak63
Reviewed December 21, 2019

I ordered a simple dinner salad with my lunch which was the same as the others at the table, but then I realized that the salads included walnuts. I’m extremely allergic to walnuts. The waiter never advised and I never thought a dinner salad would have walnuts. I even tried to order the coconut cake for dessert as the menus said nothing about walnuts. However, the waiter told me it had walnuts. It’s a great place for dining, but the restaurant needs to have more awareness with nut allergies. Having the option of nuts would have made my time there much more relaxing. I hate explaining to those around the table of what happens when I have walnuts.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019

I love this local restaurant. Most times I'm there to meet friends and family for happy hour and enjoy their great happy hour priced menu. Happy hour in the bar also includes great live music!

But don't just go for happy hour - the dinner menu is fabulous, too! Always more than enough food - quite tasty and great wine selections, too.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

We had a reservation and were seated promptly. The restaurant was packed. Our server was attentive and explained the dishes and a special for the evening. I ordered the meatloaf and potatoes and my wife, Marcie's Divine Salad. Mine came with a salad so I ordered the Caesar. She had iced tea and me, the house cab. All was delivered at appropriate times and at a good temperature. We enjoyed our meals!

Date of visit: September 2019