“Brea Art Gallery”

City of Brea Art Gallery
Ranked #7 of 20 things to do in Brea
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Brea Art Gallery is a little jewel tucked into the Brea Civic Hall complex. Do yourself a favor and take a look. Parking is free and located underground. The City library is just across the courtyard. There is aregular schedule of interesting and informative exhibits to catch your eye and expand your mind. Consider visiting during the day during the week.

2  Thank Bruce R F
in 4 reviews
"heaven"
"parking"

Reviewed July 12, 2015

There are so many pretty stuffs in the gallery. I went there by accident and I did not expect to stay long. It ended I empowered myself take time to enjoy everything. If you have time, go and enjoy !!

3  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed April 28, 2015

I dropped in here on a recent Saturday for my first visit. Overall, the art was mildly interesting, but I’m happy to note that the Brea Art Gallery was put together by people who know what they’re doing: the layout, displays and lighting were all first-rate.

The exhibit I saw was referred to as a “juried exhibition,” which tells me that there are prizes to be had by the artists. Upon entering I was told that I could vote for my favorite artwork by indicating my selection on a write-in ballot provided at the front desk (that was cool). I saw everything in about 20 minutes, and while there were no Monets or Rembrandts here, it was fun seeing what California artists were producing.

According to the latest calendar, installations last for about 6-8 weeks, with 3-4 weeks of down time between them. I intend to return to see as many of the upcoming exhibitions as I can.

Notes:
* Requested admission fee = $2
* Convenient [free] parking is in the structure just east of the Civic Center building on Birch Street
* There are plenty of dining opportunities—fast food and casual sit-down eateries—nearby on Birch Street and in the Brea Mall

3  Thank Jim L
Reviewed April 23, 2015

Lots of cool art displaying the talents of local artists. Full disclosure: Both my sons have art on display this year.