“Small, but a very nice space with a bigger museum feel”

City of Brea Art Gallery
Ranked #7 of 20 things to do in Brea
Reviewed April 28, 2015

I dropped in here on a recent Saturday for my first visit. Overall, the art was mildly interesting, but I’m happy to note that the Brea Art Gallery was put together by people who know what they’re doing: the layout, displays and lighting were all first-rate.

The exhibit I saw was referred to as a “juried exhibition,” which tells me that there are prizes to be had by the artists. Upon entering I was told that I could vote for my favorite artwork by indicating my selection on a write-in ballot provided at the front desk (that was cool). I saw everything in about 20 minutes, and while there were no Monets or Rembrandts here, it was fun seeing what California artists were producing.

According to the latest calendar, installations last for about 6-8 weeks, with 3-4 weeks of down time between them. I intend to return to see as many of the upcoming exhibitions as I can.

Notes:
* Requested admission fee = $2
* Convenient [free] parking is in the structure just east of the Civic Center building on Birch Street
* There are plenty of dining opportunities—fast food and casual sit-down eateries—nearby on Birch Street and in the Brea Mall

3  Thank Jim L
in 4 reviews
"heaven"
"parking"

Reviewed April 23, 2015

Lots of cool art displaying the talents of local artists. Full disclosure: Both my sons have art on display this year.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

It may seem small, but the curator does an excellent job. I love the diversity in styles. There is even an eclectic gift shop with very unique gift items.

1  Thank TravellingHawks
Reviewed April 21, 2015

It's one of the few galleries that features up and coming artists as well as well known. And the artwork is very good for the most part. And often there are a few pieces that are exceptional. They also have fun classes for kids. Brea is truly supportive of the arts. Very inexpensive - usually they just ask for a donation.