“Good food at reasonable prices, some vegetarian”

Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #3 of 202 Restaurants in Brea
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I go here often with my coworkers for extended lunch and drinks. The service is always great, and there is plenty of places to sit for groups, always accommodating.

The food is fairly cheap compared to other drink-oriented chains, and it's good too. I'm vegan, and I have limited choices, but I can put together a decent meal there with salad and sides. There is also Gardenburger and some appetizers for vegetarians/vegans.

Their drink selection is pretty decent - not Yard House level, mind you, but edited down and never had bad wine or beer there before. They make their cocktails strong too.

All in all, I prefer this over the other group options (like BJs or Yard House) and they are all over the place in OC.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I popped into the Lazy Dog Cafe in Brea on the spur of the moment this past weekend. We had not been before but had heard good things. We arrived about 2pm and were seated immediately. The restaurant is broken into three areas; the main dining room, bar, and an outside patio where you can have your dog sit with you. Since we were dog-less that afternoon we went into the dining room.

First thing I noticed was how noisy the restaurant was. I mean it was loud even though at that time of day it was maybe half full. Our server (whose name I neglected to get) was good and very cheerful. We ordered drinks (beer for me, just water for my wife) and started to look through the menu, which is quite extensive. We both settled on the Pot Roast Dip. "Tender braised, shredded pot roast served on a toasted Dutch Crunch roll with melted mozzarella, caramelized onions, horseradish cream sauce and au jus on the side for dipping". Honestly it was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Robust in flavor and at $9.95 was pretty big as well. Both my wife and I could only eat half there and took the other half home for dinner. My wife chose the mashed potatoes as a side and I had the fries. Nothing special of each and I think the mashed potatoes were actually quite boring and lacking in flavor. My wife started taking a spoonful of potatoes and dipping it in the au jus just to add some taste. But really, who cares with how good the sandwich was.

We'll be visiting the restaurant again soon to try something else and compare. If all their food is as good as the Pot Roast Dip we'll probably be their best customer.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was very impressed with the service, and the food was very good. The menu is huge, so you should not have a problem finding something that you like.

We were in for a weekday lunch, and the parking lot was pretty much full. Arrive a little early if possible.

I hear that their happy hour is fantastic, so I will be back to try it out!

3  Thank 90,622
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had a great lunch here with 3 generations of family - all of us picky eaters. Pleasantly surprised that we all found something to like (many items) and enjoyed our lunches. The interior is expansive, sporty and friendly. Service was very friendly and on their game. We'll be back when in town!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's a very nice restaurant. We had lunch. I had the bleu burger with coleslaw . It would have been much better if it had leaf lettuce and
Not the chopped lettuce. The coleslaw was okay. We also had their kahlua coffee cream brulee..It also was just okay. They do have a big menus, I will be going back to try other ideas on their menus.