“Good atmosphere”
Review of D Vine

D Vine
Ranked #9 of 210 Restaurants in Brea
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I really like the atmosphere here. They have belly dancers that come out while you dine. This is always a hit with the guys. I have been here several times and I enjoy the yogurt cucumber salad and the chicken shawarma with the yummy rice. I have had a few items that I didn’t care for in the past but I think they were just items I wouldn’t normally eat because others that we were with enjoyed them. It is not the best Mediterranean food I have ever had but it is very good and they are consistent in the quality. Portions are good and prices are reasonable. We always get very good servers that are super friendly & helpful with the menu for suggestions.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been going here for lunch occasionally since they've opened, and the food has been fairly consistently good. I usually order a salad or a falafel plate or the grilled veggie plate that also comes with falafel. They usually come fried hard, but they fry them a little less for me if I ask. I did notice some drop in quality of the salad, but nothing to be too concerned about. The mezes are good and the plates are plentiful. Make sure to ask for the garlic sauce with your take out!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hidden across from the Brea Mall on Birch St, you will find D'Vine just in front of 24hr Fitness. Not only is the food delicious, but it is reasonable. Brea has some unique restaurants and this in one of them not to miss. Top notch hummus, lamb that is oh so tasty, and Kabobs of your choice.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

ordered the shawarma and thought it was Ok. I did like the rice it came with. My friends ordered some drinks and I don't think anyone was happy with the taste. It was Ok.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Best dining experience in months.
First, the service was incredible. Jonathan seated us, took our drink order – even gave suggestions on drinks, and explained the menu. The pace of courses was perfect. Throughout the entire meal we never had to ask for anything!

The food was excellent. The Stuffed Grape Leaves were fresh and not the typical oily kind you get. Although there was a bit too much cumin they were still delicious. The Hummus was smooth and creamy and was great with warm pita bread. The Fattoush Salad was a perfect blend of cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley and feta cheese topped with a delicate dressing and pita chips. While the chips could have been a little smaller or crumbled on top, the only way to make this salad any better was to serve twice as much!

The entrees didn’t disappoint either. The Beef Shawarma was cooked perfectly and matched well with the accompanying garlic sauce and rice. The Sumac Onions I chose as my side were OK, but I don’t think I would order them again. (Basically pickled onions, but lacked enough spices. Not bad, but definitely the weak link in the meal.) Wifey’s Veggie Entrée was perfectly seasoned, cooked al dente and served with the same rice. The Beet Salad she chose as her side was tasty and not overcooked as many are. Although the beet chunks could have been in smaller bite-sized pieces, we would both order this again.

For dessert we had Baklava and Ashta. The Baklava was not as gooey as Greek Baklava so it didn’t have that overpowering sweetness. Flaky and crunchy, it was a great way to end the meal. Now the Rose Water Ashta – yeah, that’s an acquired taste. But Wifey ate the whole thing and proclaimed it delicious.

We sat outside in the nice patio area. They had rolled down the clear shades and turned on the heaters so the temperature was perfect for a cool evening. This area is dimmer and more romantic than the brighter inside tables. If they could add a small fountain to drown out the parking lot traffic it would be perfect. (It’s in a large strip center so plenty of free parking.)

Did I mention the great service Jonathan gave us? He even apologized for the semi-loud family a few tables away, not that he had any control over them. (They weren’t even that loud, just a couple of kids laughing a lot and talking a little too loud at times. Nothing that would ruin a meal.) But it’s indicative of the level of service he provided. We will definitely be back soon!