“A bit of Italy in Brea”
Review of Brunos Trattoria

Brunos Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Brunos Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 202 Restaurants in Brea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brea/Imperial Hwy.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Brunos is a lovely restaurant in the heart of downtown Brea. The atmosphere is inviting & welcoming. The staff is very friendly, the drinks delicious and the food is marvelous! Their appetizers are huge and can easily be shared. I have many favorites, but the braised beef & noodles is one of my top 5. There is outdoor seating as well. Unfortunatetly they are not open for lunch.

So come to Brea, and enjoy the wonderful food at Brunos Trattoria!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is my 4th visit and this place is a hit or miss. Either the food is off or the service!
My friend ordered the ravioli which came lukewarm and I ordered the short rib pappardelle. My dish was far better tasting but the portion was rather skimpy - both the noodles and the ribs, wait there were ribs??? I get the off the bone concept but it was more like a few shreds of beef. A pity as it was very tasty and the papardelle was very good - al dente!
Desserts were ordered and hands down the Budino al Carmelo with chocolate ganache was delish. I love Tiramisu so I order it at every restaurant I go to that serves it. This one came shaped like a ball which was odd. Had a few bites and just couldn't have any more. It was soggy and odd tasting. The mascarpone was not even detectible.
I had an AHA moment on the drive home. It dawned on me that the Tiramisu was shaped like that probably because they scraped up what was left in the pan to make a serving portion, hence size and sogginess? Yuck!
I think I'll be moving on ....

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My first review of Brunos was mixed and I said it deserved another visit. After a movie across the street we entered Brunos at 6 pm. It was about 60% full. We were seated quickly against the east wall at a table for two. When we left around 7:30 they were almost full. Our server said they were busier than normal for a Wednesday night and it showed in slow service out of the kitchen and bar.
This place is really noisy and for that reason alone we will not go back. They do have a few tables outside on the sidewalk and I suspect they would be quieter. My wife had Cozze, mussels, garlic in a white wine sauce. It is listed as an appetizer but it is a good sized portion. For her it was good not great. I had a main course Linguini Frutti di Mare, shrimp, clams, mussels and squid. It was a large serving with plenty of seafood, however it was bland. For me it needed some zip. They serve water in a fancy bottle that they leave on the table. They also serve wine in the same style of glass they use for the water. Our server refilled my wife's white wine glass with water. He replaced her wine quickly after we pointed out the error. Our server was pleasant and helpful. In summary, too noisy, my food was bland and yet they seem to be very busy. Not a return for us tastes.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Brunos Trattoria an Italian restaurant on Brea Blvd across from the movie theaters. It was jammed on a Saturday night and very noisy. There were six in our party with reservations. We were seated close to our reservation time at an table against the wall that was fine for our group. We do not see each other that often so we had lots of conversation to get caught up. However we had a hard time hearing each other because of the crowd. Our server was really busy but very professional and helpful. The seafood appetizer was fair, I had a pasta special and it was very good and a bit spicy. They have a limited number of outside sidewalk seats but we were inside. This place deserves another visit on a less busy night to really sample the food.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a Saturday night with my wife around 1830. Seated right away and service was very good throughout the dinner. As indicated on other reviews, pass on the lasagna, it was average at best. We also had the flat iron steak and it was pretty good for $23.50. Many of the wines on the wine list were from Italy and all priced the same at $28 a bottle. As people filled in, the restaurant got very noisy, so much so that it was difficult to have a conversation for a party of two. All said $83 for an appetizer, bottle of ok wine and two entrees, I would say pass on this restaurant.