“Lots of dessert and comfort food!”

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Brea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour Restaurant is back! Farrell's is the place to bring family and friends and celebrate life's events. Birthday, Anniversaries, Promotions, Winning, Good Grades, even Pottie Training are made extra special by the staff at Farrell's. It's not only entertaining, it's interactive. It's whacky, it's zany, it's more fun than any other place. Not only great food, but the ice cream treats range from a single scoop to 6 pounds sundaes. That's why the Food Network named Farrell's Zoo super sundae its #3 Most Decadent Dessert! So if it's family fun, a date night, or a celebration, think Farrell's Ice Cream Parlours. "Old Time Fun for A New Generation"
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This place was really fun for all the kids. (Some of the adults too)

We order the onion rings and chili cheese criss cut fries! They were good if you like junk food. I haven't had anything like that in years so it brought me back to my youth.

For entrees I shared with the mrs and ordered the turkey focaccia sandwich and the buffalo sliders. The sliders were ok, but the turkey sandwich was good!

For dessert we down-sized to the two scoop Oreo sundae. That was really good!

The rest of the night consisted of drums, sirens, and catchy songs and jingles. There was a balloon artist making things for all the kiddies.

All in all, decent food, dessert, and fun for the whole family.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

On of the best ice cream that I ever had. Butter pecan ice cream.
The banana split! , you can feed a family with it!
The place is like a birthday celebration every 2 minutes! Lots of kids, balloon hats and Farrell's people playing instruments every few minutes. It seems that they had a birthday child every 2 minutes.
If you have kids, this is the place to go and have fun under an big umbrella of noise!
If you want of the best ice cream you ever had, then order from the outside window and then stroll thru the Brea downtown ( you won't be able to have a conversation inside the place)!
It was fun to watch all the celebrations inside the restaurant and the smiles of the kids.
There is happiness everywhere in that place.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to take our grand daughter here on her 4th Birthday. There were 6 of us altogether and we showed up at 11:15AM this Wednesday morning. Completely empty (they open at 11:00AM). By 11:45AM the place seemed packed. So glad we showed up early for our lunch.

My husband and I shared the sliders (3 of them) and a hill of onion strings. Both are appetizers but they filled us up just fine. You can also get a mountain of onion strings but I cannot imagine how big that would be as our hill was quite large. Our oldest daughter opted for chili and a salad and she loved it. Our youngest daughter got (I believe) the buffalo mac and cheese. It was the largest portion of mac and cheese I have ever seen. She LOVED it and took what looked like most of it home. Our grand daughter and grand son both got the kids chicken strips with fries and both were very happy.

Of course they make a big deal out of Birthdays here. Natalie got a "It's my Birthday" sticker along with beating drums and a half dozen servers singing Happy Birthday in a Beach Boys style. It was fabulous. She also got the complimentary Birthday hot fudge sundae with rainbow sprinkles and a cherry. A big sundae for such a little person. She ate about 1/3 of it and pronounced "this is the best Birthday ever!" She said this throughout the day which made us all very happy. On the table was also the triple chocolate brownie sundae (which is HUGE) and the caramel apple blossom that we got with lactose free ice cream. I cannot believe I can eat ice cream again but there you go. I loved the apples and caramel with toasted almonds. We opted for a scoop of the lactose free ice cream on top and it was delicious!!!

Now our youngest daughter decided to take the advise of our server, Aaron. Since she wanted an Oreo cookie shake he suggested she add peanut butter to it. Okay.... uh .... gross. I'm not a huge Oreo cookie fan myself though both of our daughters (and grand kids) love them. To my surprise she said yes and ordered it. Almost on a dare I gave the shake a try. OMG!! I cannot tell you how delicious it was. Creamy ice cream and chocolate bits with a peanut butter flavor. I would have eaten more if the ice cream had been lactose free. Thankfully I sort of controlled myself. This shake needs a permanent place on the menu. What should it be called? Our server suggested having his name in it. How about Aaron's Peanut Butter and Oreo Sinfully Delicious Shake. That about sums it up.

This place is just plain fun. It is noisy and rowdy and the staff seems to really, really like what they do. A truly family restaurant. The staff were friendly and helpful. This is the first time I have been to a Farrell's since I was a child. I remembered how much fun we had. I was not disappointed by the experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Delicious Big burger one patty with Swiss cheese....dare to eat one with three patties and be very uncomfortable....well cooked patty about more than 1/3 of a pound as described by wait people...too big to enjoy delicious ice cream treats....I had to forgo what I went for a banana split...and by the way the ones rolling by looked delicious (the banana splits that is)....restaurant is too noisy, waiters are too noisy, waitresses are too noisy, but it was fun....will go back but only for the Banana Split.....

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Grabbed lunch here with a friend (we're both from out of town), and while it is a fun, flashback-to-childhood experience, it proved too boisterous for much adult lunchtime conversation. That being said, our server was good, our burgers enormous, and the singing and celebrations were fun to watch.
Watch out for the garlic fries. Really, really lots of zippy raw garlic. I could only enjoy a few.

1  Thank J_Taylor_Tampa