“Great comedy, terrible food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Improv Brea

Improv Brea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great comedy, terrible food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The Improv has really good comedians and very good customer service but the food is terrible. They urge you to have dinner there by allowing you to come in early if you were having dinner there. I was suggest sticking with the salads. The artichoke dip was terrible and the sampler appetizer plate was terrible as well. The Improv chop salad was pretty good though. If you don't mind sitting in the back and there really is no bad seats then don't worry about getting dinner there and go next-door to Yard House or taps. It is fun to be right in the front though because there is a lot of interaction with the comedian. We saw David Alan Grier there and he was hilarious cheeks hurt when we left.

“Great location but horrible seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to see a comedian. The location is in downtown Brea around lots of shops and restaurants, but we waited standing in line for about an hour before we could go in. Once we came in we were sat like cows with no choice of seating. I was sat behind some tall people. I stood up to ask the employee if we could have a different seat and he was very rude and short told me to sit and no way no how I could have a different seating. We are dealing with people here not cows.

Orange County, CA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Accessible local comedy club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's nice having an Improv in Brea. Parking is easy and they still get some big names. The food is not great and overpriced, but if you sign up for dinner, you have first place in line. If you go with a big group, be forewarned that your entire group has to be there before they will seat you (at least that is what they told us one night when we had one person who would be considerably late.) They also have appetizers and the two-item minimum can be satisfied with any food or drink. Be aware that they add a gratuity to the check which they deposit and collect while it is still dark and the show is still going. (We tried pulling out a light on a phone and were quickly told to put it away.) I realized after I left that I had paid a 30% tip by tipping on the total (including added gratuity.)

Although I've always sat pretty close to the front, the place is not that big and it is tiered, so you should be able to see from anywhere. You never know how the acts will be. I saw Wayne Brady do improv with some of the Whose Line is it Anyway peeps and it was excellent. I saw Jim Belushi do improv with a group from Chicago and either they were having a bad night or they just weren't that funny for the most part. Carrie Fisher told stories of her Hollywood life and career and answered audience questions one night while sitting on a sofa with her dog and I was thoroughly entertained. If you sign up for some of the bigger, social meetup groups in O.C., they have free tickets a lot during the week. (GOT-OC, OC Tribe) Once you are on a list, you will get frequent offers. It's a nice alternative to dinner and a movie.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank LS R
Los Angeles, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

You can see HUGE names here and if you time it right, you won't stand in line very long. You can even get discounted tickets from them or other sites. Groupon or Living Social.

Visited March 2014
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Always a fun time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been to the improv in irvine many times, this was my first time to the improv in Brea. Nice parking structure across the street, yard house, gyukaku and many places to eat in the area. We had the 7 pm showing so had to eat there. Very nice staff, friendly and helpful. But the food is not good. Huge selection of food to order though. It's mass production to feed and get drinks for so many people all at once before the show starts so I can't fault for that. Will come again.

Visited February 2014