“Pleased beyond belief”

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Completely most satisfied. I have gotten to know the staff and they are still accomidating and amazingly positive people. For a hotel which allowes pets in the area im in I wouldnt complain and honestly im not really sure that I could even if I wanted to

• Stayed: April 2013
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a very nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff took good care of you during your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent 2 weeks two separate times. For some reason i thought the deluxe double room was bigger than the King room, but they are identical in size. The King has a pull out couch that has a reasonably comfortable bed. Fairly quiet area right off of Imperial Hwy and the freeway (57) is about a mile away. Clean room and no little critters that we saw. Interior could use some updating but it wasn't a deal breaker for the room we had. It isn't a Residence Inn, but its about $50 cheaper per night so take that into consideration. There is a sandwich shop (Togo's) and an ice cream place next door. Other eating locations will require a car to get to. Room was a bit stuffy, but turning on the air seemed to solve that issue. Didn't have the other issues that were listed here, but maybe we were lucky. Apparently, there are updating in the future since some contractors had to come in to look at the cabinetry in the kitchen.

Room Tip: The kitchen and its supplies (cups, plates etc.) are designed for two. So I'd suggest to bring p...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you thought the price was decent considering the amenities we offered. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I might as well have stayed at the dirtiest trailer park.... if that exists. The location is awesome no argument on that. The room smells as you walk in. Not very appealing when u know you will be spending the night there. The smell is musty and old like a dirty vacuum cleaner. The service was good considering that at night that poor person has to do everything. Seems like the 2nd floor is the place to be. I asked for a box of tissue and had to wait for someone to go to the 2nd floor to see if they had any. Then I realized I needed more towels. Got to the lobby to find it empty with a stupid sign saying they will be right back. 10 min later the Person appears to tell me that they have to go to the 2nd floor to see if they have clean towels?!?!?! You are running a business how do you not have clean towels?! So I have to wait again! Don't get me wrong though the front desk person was very willing to help and I appreciate that very much!! The service was a little above average but the stinky dingy room, cleanliness of the premises was questionable. I may recommend but with lots of caution!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is addressing these issues in each room daily. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future. We invite you to contact us at bre@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room was infested with cockroaches. I found at least a dozen over a three day stay. Management seemed indifferent to the problem. Will never stay here again and would recommend the same to anyone else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought the issues mentioned and express it clearly with the entire staff. We know that we did not get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel 714-528-2500. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is a rip off. The hotel was missing bedding when we checked in and the problem was not corrected during the stay. Would not recommend this hotel if you are a person who needs things to be atleast decent for your stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have lesser noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The housekeeping issues you described in your review are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I am sharing a copy of your review with the staff at the hotel to make sure your experience is not repeated in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bre@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a budget-friendly, decent hotel for a short stay in Brea, California. My room was clean and there was a small kitchenette and roomy bathroom, clean linens and towels and a comfortable bed. Nothing special, not a vacation type hotel, but perfect for business or other short stays. I recommend it to people seeking a clean, safe, budget hotel in the north Orange County area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit here in Brea. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

everything was fine for me. good service, clean rooms.
the environment is good.
it is close to the restaurant and the walmart. very convenit for me.
It is also close to the freeway and parks.
it is a little nosiy of the refrigerator.
no slipper, shampoo and comb. wifi speed is a little slow.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea? Share your experiences!