“Trailer park status” 3 of 5 bubbles

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brea
“Trailer park status”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I might as well have stayed at the dirtiest trailer park.... if that exists. The location is awesome no argument on that. The room smells as you walk in. Not very appealing when u know you will be spending the night there. The smell is musty and old like a dirty vacuum cleaner. The service was good considering that at night that poor person has to do everything. Seems like the 2nd floor is the place to be. I asked for a box of tissue and had to wait for someone to go to the 2nd floor to see if they had any. Then I realized I needed more towels. Got to the lobby to find it empty with a stupid sign saying they will be right back. 10 min later the Person appears to tell me that they have to go to the 2nd floor to see if they have clean towels?!?!?! You are running a business how do you not have clean towels?! So I have to wait again! Don't get me wrong though the front desk person was very willing to help and I appreciate that very much!! The service was a little above average but the stinky dingy room, cleanliness of the premises was questionable. I may recommend but with lots of caution!!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is addressing these issues in each room daily. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future. We invite you to contact us at bre@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room was infested with cockroaches. I found at least a dozen over a three day stay. Management seemed indifferent to the problem. Will never stay here again and would recommend the same to anyone else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought the issues mentioned and express it clearly with the entire staff. We know that we did not get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel 714-528-2500. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Travelers are raving about these Brea hotels

Sunnyvale, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is a rip off. The hotel was missing bedding when we checked in and the problem was not corrected during the stay. Would not recommend this hotel if you are a person who needs things to be atleast decent for your stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have lesser noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The housekeeping issues you described in your review are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I am sharing a copy of your review with the staff at the hotel to make sure your experience is not repeated in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bre@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Idyllwild, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a budget-friendly, decent hotel for a short stay in Brea, California. My room was clean and there was a small kitchenette and roomy bathroom, clean linens and towels and a comfortable bed. Nothing special, not a vacation type hotel, but perfect for business or other short stays. I recommend it to people seeking a clean, safe, budget hotel in the north Orange County area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit here in Brea. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Brea, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

everything was fine for me. good service, clean rooms.
the environment is good.
it is close to the restaurant and the walmart. very convenit for me.
It is also close to the freeway and parks.
it is a little nosiy of the refrigerator.
no slipper, shampoo and comb. wifi speed is a little slow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is such a great place , it's like a mini studio, they even provide pots & pans to cook in and plates/utensils. They could improve the Grab & Go bfst options, but, soo many restaurants around the location so no biggy. Cable is provided but could offer a few more movie channels. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Luv this place, stood for a great deal! :)

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay however a few suggestions regarding the cable and the grab n go breakfast. We will definitely look into that. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

everything was fine and good, great value freindly staff,very clean rooms .it was close to restaurant centrally located. manager was very friendly and helpfull. it is close to the freeway.close to the world famous former president nixion library. close to theme parks and easy excess to freeway trip to hollywood and san diego.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Anaheim Hills
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea? Share your experiences!