“Very, very average”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Monterey, California
“Very, very average”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I would not expect much but got even less. There was no breakfast, plenty of coffee but none was decaf either. The cleanliness of our room was suspect but no smoking gun, just overall kind of icky. The shower was horrible, worst flow of water of the shower stall was very narrow which meant it was near impossible for a wet curtain from touching you, gross.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely unsuccessful in several aspects of your stay. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Extended Stay is like our second home. Jaime, who works at the front desk is always very helpful and takes good care of us. Whenever we see him to check into our room, he always has a smile on his face and ready to cater our needs. He's pretty awesome!!! Businesses need more guys like him.

The newly renovated hotel is awesome. It's always spotless. There's a fridge, stove, microwave, utensils, coffee maker, and sink. Feels like you're at home.

It's reasonably priced and a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Kingsgirl27
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels will remain the #1 extended stay lodging sources in the North America.

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Several things made our visit terrible: First, the hotel oversold its rooms. We checked in and instead of our King with sofa sleeper, we had to divide our family into two rooms.

Second, I kept finding other people's hair all over the room. Nothing skeeves me out like other people's hair. The last straw was when I went to dry my coffee mug and there was a long, black hair on the dish towel.

Third, we were overcharged for the privilege of using the second room that we would not have needed in the first place if they hadn't oversold the hotel.

I was happy to find that type of hotel at the rate we got because we were in town for a tournament. We are also Disney AP holders and the hotel is not so far from the park as to make a weekend out of it. Unfortunately, we won't be using this hotel again. Despite the friendly staff and free WiFi, I can't justify staying again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie S
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Browns Mills, New Jersey
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times within the last month & a half and so far my experience was always pleasant!! What more can you ask for low rate (considering there's a kitchenette, complimentary b-fast & internet although the internet was a lil slow at times). They have a great staff (very courteous and friendly). Check in process was also very prompt & rooms are always clean. You're always going to have those people who are never satisified and will do anything to get a free night, UNFORTUNATELY no matter what hotel you stay at whether it be the Hilton (esp in this economy) and I have experienced other guests yell at the poor staff, my advice is to just suck it up and continue to do what you all do and keep up the good work!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Missouri City, Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This place is the best.Good clean rooms that look like studios. Great area safe and secure. I stayed there before it ws renovated it was a ok hotel but now after the renovation it looks like a whole new hotel. The people that work there are friendly and helpful. I go to Brea for buisness and I am glad I found this place.. Thank you to all the employees for being curtious. I got way more than I bargined for. Till next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Dana Point, California
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was very suprise by my stay at Extended Stay in Brea. I able to check in very fast which is a big plus after being in business meetings all day. The staff was very friend and told about the free Wi-Fi and free morning meal. When I went to my room it didn't look like any Extend Stay I had ever stayed at before. I t was very modern and clean. The bed was very soft and had plent of pillows. I had fresh fruit,oatmeal, and coffee the next morning for free. I have now stayed at this hotel 6 times over the last two months and I will keep coming back. They say you get what you pay, but this is one of those few times in life I felt like I got more then my more worth.

Ernest (Priority Solutions Group)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Dana Point, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The new look for Extended Stay America is incredible. Free Wi-Fi, coffee in the morning, upgraded rooms. I have stayed many times at various Extended Stay Americas, and it has always been pleasant, but even more so now!

I do want to compliment Jaime at the front desk in Brea. He is so professional, sweet and accommodating. He always has a smile and a kind word for his guests. He is an asset to the Company.

Thank you, Arlene B.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel are quiet. I did not hear anyone on either side or above me. I got a great n...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Brea. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea? Share your experiences!