“Odd Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Tampa, FL
“Odd Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

Chase Suites is an odd, bipolar hotel. We were booked to stay at the Embassy Suites, however I wanted more room and changed our booking after reading all the reviews. Chase Suites appears to have been recently renovated with new carpets, countertops and even flat screen TVs, however falls short. The outside of our room and the windows were quite old. We had a distinct odor in our room. The television reception was poor. We actually never used the kitchen, however the appliances were dated. The complimentary breakfast was quite good with hot food and Starbucks coffee, but it got crowded very fast.
Some of the guests staying in our building appeared to be living there long term. They had chairs and BBQ grills outside the rooms! We saw them sit outside all hours of the day smoking and drinking. It looked like we were staying in a trailer park instead of a $200 a night hotel. My wife did not feel safe at all. We actually checked out a day earlier.
I am sorry to say, that despite all the efforts in upgrading the hotel, the management has fallen short. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Indianapolis,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This hotel has awsome service from the time you check in to the time you check out , your room is cleaned everyday , the hotel attendents know the area well and get you too all the right places , nice pool and hot tub too , Alyssa and other attendents were very professional and friendly . will go back again great place to vacation , did I mention happy hour monday through thursday free food , wine and beer for the guest , that was a treat , I give them 5 stars my name is Joseph Crayton thanks for the relaxing stay . email (----)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
ChaseBrea_CA, Supervisor at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, July 23, 2009
Thank you for the positive review. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed our complimentary services, like the social hour and breakfast. Thank you for the feedback and stars.
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Have stayed here numerious times and found it to be a nice hotel with clean, spacious rooms, and good staff. Have stayed other places in and around the area in a several mile radius and always seem to gravitate back based upon value, comfort, cleanliness, and nice service.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerSanJose_CA
We are glad to know that you enjoy the Chase Suite Hotels as one of your preferred hotels for business nights. Thank you very much for the response, we appreciate your time.
Bakersfield, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

Breakfast was great (I love Starbucks coffee, so that was a plus), and the room was pretty clean. However my first room smelled awful and the door hit the bed when I opened it to go in... that is how small the room was! I would suggest making sure you are booking a suite if you are considering this hotel, a single queen is a TINY room! Also, some rooms have the A/C units directly under the window in front of the bed... very noisy and can keep you up all night if you are a light sleeper. As far as service, one of my coworkers is alergic to down and the hotel apparently didn't have any thing synthetic for her so she had to sleep on a towel. Bummer! Where is the customer service in that??

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelNut13
ChaseBrea_CA, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, April 8, 2009
We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Your feedback will be beneficial for us on our customer service and quality assurance for future stays. We would like to offer you our most sincere apology with the experience you had with your recent stay. Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay.

Maribel Munoz- Asst. General Manager
Chase Suite Hotel- Brea
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

My brother and I were back in Whittier for a family celebration. Being over 40, we prefer to have our own personal space. The two bedroom suite was just what we needed ($119/night including breakfast). Chase Suites was clean, quiet (considering you are on Imperial Blvd), conveniently located to business, tourist attractions and family, and just what we needed to spread out and enjoy our stay. We noticed a night security guard patrolling the parking lot, and appreciated the extra cautions when a group of teenagers/college girls rolled up with overnight bags. Even though some boys showed up later, there were no issues with this group. Hope this helps.

• Stayed March 2009
ChaseBrea_CA, Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, April 7, 2009
Thank you very much for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our 2-Bedroom Website Promotion. We hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Maribel Munoz- Assistant GM
Chase Suite Hotel- Brea
ny/oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

The Hotel lobby was nice, along with a basic breakfast of cereal, pancakes, coffee (starbucks), fruit and juices, the room was clean, nothing fancy, could use some updating, but great for the price. Had to go to pomona, so brea was a good location to stay in (i think it took 25 minutes to get there) and it was pretty close to Disney ( i think 20- 25 minutes).

• Liked — That it was cheap and clean
  • Disliked — I dont think they had wireless, but I picked up some other signal with my laptop
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for the review and thanks again for choosing to stay at the Chase Suite Hotel Brea! We are glad you enjoyed our duluxe continental breakfast. You're right, Brea is centrally located to many known cities and is only 20 mins away from Disneyland.

Maribel Munoz- Assistant GM
Chase Suite Hotel Brea
Hollywood, california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

I I knocked off a couple of points only because it did not live up to my personal expectations as for size. I like spacious suites w/balconies, which is why I always book suites w/balconies. This one was a lot smaller than what it appears on the website. The website also advertises that all rooms “feature” balconies. No balconies here, unless they consider the stoop outside the front door a balcony. Which was O. K. if you want to step out for a breath of fresh air. Other than that, really cozy, neat and quiet, for a couple, that is. My suite was a one-bedroom with two TVs. The TVs look ok but are not up to date w/technology. I hooked up my portable DVD player but the TV did not receive it. The second T.V. was even older. Loved the full Kitchen. Loved it! My husband fell head over heels for this Hotel. He just loved it! Pleasant personnel; enjoyable, small-medium sized pool area w/jacuzzi and a wonderful grill. Our chicken and ribs barbequed up perfectly. A nice breakfast bar with real food; eggs, sausage, fresh fruit toast, bagels, etc. all served up in a lovely little breakfast parlor or by pool side. Really enjoyable breakfast, especially if you like to meet people and strike up pleasant conversations. My only complaint came when I asked if there were other suites available and was told that there were not. I did not believe that because there were hardly any people there that I could see. I could be wrong but I felt a bit slighted. I would stay here again only because there is nothing else in the area with more spacious suites. Very nice Hotel. Very good price at Hotels.com $99 from $119.

• Liked — proximity to raging waters
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
Ayres Suites Yorba Linda
#1 of 2 in Yorba Linda

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Brea? Share your experiences!