“Manager is a liar”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brea
Brea, California
“Manager is a liar”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is a joke. The manager refused to accept responsibility for his screw up. We have been staying at hotel went in was very clear what card to charge they dropped the ball and charged wrong card. Instead of admitting to mistake he stutters for ten minutes when trying to lie his way out of it. Admit you made a mistake reverse the charge and I wouldn't be upset. This guy is a joke. No way he should be a manager
. A professional does not respond this way nor handle a issue with lies.

Room Tip: Go next store to extended stay they are half the price and they won't lie to you
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
First and foremost wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns. I'm happy to hear that Jose one of our Front Office Managers was able to resolve your credit card issue very promptly because issues such as these are always made a priority

I did want to take the time to point out that we always only authorize cards that are physically presented to us in order to protect our guests from fraud. We cannot authorize a card that isn't phycally swiped through our credit card system, therefore the reason why your wife's card was charged, since that was what was presented at check in. Since this incident yesterday we were able to obtain the card from you that you would like on your account and only charge this card from now on.

Thank you again and we hope you continue enjoying your stay with us!

Karla Vargas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My family and I needed a hotel to stay in for my graduation in Southern California. This is the second year in a row that I have booked this hotel. The staff is great! We needed extra towels and blankets, the staff brought them to our room right away. Recently, I stayed in another hotel and trying to get extra towels took them forever to bring to the room!

Also, my family left their cell phone in the room by accident. We didn't realize until we were 6 hours away. Not only did the hotel staff offer to get it for us but they are accommodating us in retrieving it.

Great hotel!!!
(I normally do not write reviews but this one was worth it!)

• Stayed May 2014
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review about your stay with us. I am so happy to hear it was perfect! Forgetting a cell phone can be the worst and I'm so glad our team was able to help out and get the phone to you! Thanks again and see you next time.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night while in town for a wedding. It was great for the price point. I think it might have been an apartment complex at one point based on the room layouts and pool area, but in a good way. We enjoyed our stay and the free breakfast was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you! We love to hear when our guests have been served to ours and their expecations! Hope to see you again when in the area.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I am traveling for business and I booked a weekend suite room. It has a one king size bed and a small vanity close to the bathroom. It has a very small, good for one person closet w/ a sliding mirrored door that was not working well. It got stucked and I could not close the closet completely. There is a living room w/ small kitchenette w/ all plates, utensils, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, dish soap / sponge included. Also there is a little den room to work on your laptop. I was happy w/ my stay w/ some exception on the broken sliding door, unrinsed coffee maker (didn't seem to have been rinsed from previous customer), used dish sponge( must have new sponge for every customer because of sanitation issue- never know where it was used before). The toiletries could have been larger size or given another set for people who extend their stay. The AC was quite noisy. Oh the living room phone handset was not working right and there was no front desk number posted on the phone so did not know how to reach the office person. I was located far from the office. I used my cell phone instead. And later I found out that the front desk number is in the bedroom phone, yikes! Who'd know that if I had not used the room yet :) It should be on both phones:( I did not have housekeeping clean my room as on the first night I did not get to use the hotel at all). I just needed a place to stuff my things coz I had to do some work in the area which made me come the next morning missing the free breakfast which stopped at 9:30 on weekend. I was able to make it on my second day stay though. The continental breakfast was the best !!! Please do not change nor charge your customer on this because we already pay a pretty high hotel rate:) TIP: Less traffic areas are the 300 & 400 numbered rooms and please book people w/ kids on bottom floor. TO SUM IT ALL, I would give this hotel another chance but I do hope that the mentioned minor defects or faults could be corrected. Also internet did not work on my last day :( I saw a tech guy coming when I checked out. So something must be wrong that time:) Generally nice office people. Jose was able to show me the simple conference room which my company might use one day. There is no fitness center but a pool to swim :)

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are numbers 300-400. Nice view and trees. Book first floor if you have kids please!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience while you were a guest with us. I am happy to hear that your overall experience was good and that you loved our breakfast! We take all of our guests feedback very seriously and i want to thank you for bringing up to our attention where you feel we may have fallen short. Wanted to let you know that our wi-fi has been upgraded since your stay and have had no issues with our new provider. i hope you do indeed come back and visit us on your next trip to the Brea area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 15, 2014

There was a little problem with assigning room upon check-in but the staff are helpful and responsive to later request. Very quite area, spacious room, and nice shower. Breakfast was just average. Overall it's a good experience and the one to go in this area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Very glad to hear your stay was a good one and we thank you for making us your hotel of choice while visiting the Brea area!
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I travel to Brea every week for work and there is no better choice for the money to facilities and convenience to work place. Clean rooms and hot breakfast is what I look for when I travel. They could improve in room service and some more parking. Other wise it is a go to place when I'm in Brea!

Stayed May 2014
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for making us your home away from home while you are on business. I also want to let you know we truly do appreciate your feedback for improvement, as we take it very serious and utilitze it to improve our services. We hope to see you once again very soon and Thank you again!
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Hi,

Strange experience for me with this hotel.
I am traveling with my family and strange thing happened is no receptionist available at desk for half an hour. I waited for half an hour at reception along with my family and luggage in the cab waiting.
Also, Called them to provide me a first floor in the morning due to luggage and kids and they Said Yes confirmed on the phone. Strange is while checking in they gave me second floor.
Never will use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ChaseSuiteHotel, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Brea, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention while you were a guest here. I'm glad we were able to resolve any service issues while you were with us. I know that traveling all day and lost luggage can be a nightmare and waiting for our Guest Service Representative to get off the phone from reservation she was making in the back seemed like a long time especially after the day you had. I'm so glad you we are your hotel of choice when coming to the Brea area and hope to see you very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brea
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Brea
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Brea? Share your experiences!