“Surprisingly Refreshing”

Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brawley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. Needless to say it was over 105 degrees in Brawley. However, our stay @ The Brawley Inn made the heat bearable. We have 4 children and they loved playing in the pool which was very clean. The hotel itself was pretty quiet and the staff was very friendly. We stayed in the corner upstairs suite. The suite was nice and spacious and came with a full kitchen and cooking utensils. The hot tub in the bedroom was a nice way to relax after a long day. The continental breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karina M
Wen C, Owner at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide a superior experience for all of our guests. We hope to see you again the next time that you are in our area.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Brawley Inn has a very nice restaurant on the premises. The pool is well-maintained. Our room was nicely decorated and very clean. The beds were very, very comfy!! The air conditioner worked very well--even in hot weather. The refrigerator in the room fit a gallon of milk and several other large items. The property is well-maintained and the staff is friendly. There is plenty of parking, too. The parking space was ample for our truck.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TrueBlueFriend
Wen C, Owner at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

First of all thank you for taking a moment to post a review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We value your feedback and hope that the next time you visit our area you come stay with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

A friend of mine came to visit from the East Coast back in November, 2012. I had her stay at the Brawley Inn since it is, in my opinion, the best hotel in town. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the location is quiet and convenient. I later met the owner and found out we both shared an environmentally friendly approach to business and energy assessment. I believe this is the first green hotel in Imperial Valley as well. My friend only stays at the Brawley Inn whenever she visits. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: My friend stayed in a suite on the Northeast building farthest from the road. Plenty of sun and very...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Don R
Wen C, Owner at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

My front desk clerk and this valued guest had a misunderstanding on who was to pay for the room, the guest or guest's mother or guest's brother. The mother was unhappy to lose the fight to pay for her daughter's room. Did you ever dine at a Chinese restaurant and see two Chinese, or two Chinese families, or even worse several at the end of dinning fighting for who to pay? Sometimes it looks like real fighting or even wrestling. You've got the idea. I walked to Aspen In The Desert where they dined and apologized to the still unhappy mother, who happened to be a psychologist. In other occasions that we met at Aspen in the desert, I listened to her explaining Jung's personality number two and Maslow's Need Hierarchy. "We have the need to satisfy the hunger,thirst, the need for safety (the hotel has security patrol), the need for love and belongings this is especially genuine in this community of family value. The weekend before last we had 7 couples, including the best man from New York, Long Beach and other parts of USA to celebrate one local couple's 50th wedding anniversary.Time machine faster than the speed of light to go back to the past indeed, need of recognition and achievement (we gave an award for "Green Employee of the month") for using shredded paper for her goose nest. Any employee who earns "Green Employee of the month" for three consecutive months he/she will become our C.E.O (Chief Environmental Officer) and Self Realization-and never ending process, like a kid who wants to catch the stars, two steps forward one step backward, the process never ends, of the awareness, enlightening through the aesthetics approach, tv in our lobby plays HD pictures of 123 rooms, our message for butterfly room as WINGED FLOWER or the near extinct dancing Red Crowned Crane room as Nature's Ballerina...
Thank you to the reviewer, his mother and daughter for the feedback.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

very nice. loved loved loved the convenience of having a restaurant and lounge in the same location and Starbucks a few steps away. The pool was awesome. The room was very clean and well equipped and with 2 queen beds, microwave, and small refrigerator and coffee in the room. Brawley Inn is truly a "Gem in the desert"!! I highly recommend the stay for families staying in Brawley or for business people always on the go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Esmeralda V
Wen C, Owner at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. The Aspen in the Desert restaurant is truly an outstanding restaurant, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I am also extremely happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Our goal is to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have to say this friendly very clean hotel is on the top for me, I have stayed in others around the Valley for work purposes and this one will be my only stay from now on, so I am recommending this to all my partners and family,first of all I am very picky about towels and bed spread, the tub is also important, well all was very nice and clean, great bed, I loved that its half a block from starbucks which is inside Vons grocerie store,which ( I must have ny starbies when traveling), also the hotel is beside Aspens restaurant where they have the best salmon salad. Lastly, I got a to work out a bit with the bike and added my little piece to help the environment....i loved the whole experience, thank you

Room Tip: all are good and smell good too
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Also thank you for your contribution to our "bike for watts/pedal for tv" going green program. Our vision is to be the Imperial Valley's "First Green hotel". Bike for watts/pedal for tv works this way, the bicycles in our fitness room are attached to a generator (the rear tire) and then are plugged into a converter that outlet to the room lamps, television, even guest ipads. By simply pedaling for watts you will help our hotel to reduce our electricity consumption. In return for contributing we will buy you dinner at the famous Aspen in the Desert restaurant conveniently located on our property. My passion of being an environmentalist began in a Santa Cruz restaurant where my family and I were celebrating my birthday and had a hard time getting a glass of water because they were having a shortage of water.(explained the arrogant and reluctant waitress) That experience reminded me of the City of Palm Springs where at the corner of city hall a transparent tube shows aquifer 7 ft below normal level however the city still approved golf course projects that waste water. I thought what can I do? That night I began to take 3 minute showers, then the butterfly effect kicked in and that process brings me to today. Once again, thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I highly recommend the Brawley Inn.The Rooms are clean and comfortable, and everything worked just perfectly. The best of all? The swimming pool, according to my son; and the comfortable bed according to my wife. Me? I liked the friendly service at the front desk..
The owner is very friendly,and even spent some time with us asking about our experience staying there while we had a cup of coffee. He explained some of the efforts being made regarding environmentally friendly facilities, like water-saving toilets, and the use of sunlight to naturally light up rooms and conserve energy. Not the first time I have stayed there, and definitely not the last, as I travel frequently to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EGuevaraE
Wen C, Owner at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Brawley Inn and for intending to recommend our hotel to others. We often receive compliments for our Mattresses' good night sleeping quality. The Solar Tube you mentioned has the dramatic presence as well as substantially reducing our electricity bill. For example in our corridors between 6:30 am to 7:30 pm the consumption of electricity in that area is Zero Watts! What a feeling. Being green is a state of mind. Within our limited budget, we do our best. Adding lots of heart, the energy will show. Thank you for noticing that energy. The green movement is part of today's global awakening of collective consciousness, like bird flock or fish school, each fish and bird know when to shift direction without the direction of a "leader". I call it Grass Root Simultaneity. President Obama calls it Bottom up. So, lets do more green "things" together without the direction from the top. Once again, thank you.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I highly recommend stay at the Brawley Inn. My Family and I stayed at the Brawley Inn and I was pleasantly surprised of its environmentally friendly facility. The room was clean, comfortable, and everything worked perfectly. My kids enjoyed the swimming pool. The Jacuzzi in the room was quite a treat. Most enjoyable part of my stay was to meet the owner during continental breakfast. We had a conversation and was pleased to learn we both had an environmental consciousness. He took the time to show me how he reduced light pollution, saved energy by using the suns natural energy and light, reduced water in the toilets, and even got to see a new set of of bikes which can generate electricity to power television, charge phone, Ipads, or just about anything while getting a workout. This is truly the first green hotel I have known about in the Imperial County. This is one hotel I can be proud to recommend when I host future environmental health conferences.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Wen C, Owner at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

i saw a family glued at our lobby tv on the environmental messages carrying with beautiful HD pictures on each rooms names, some animals, some flowers , birds or insects. with this family stayed at the big suite named JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL. , insteadof of just SEAGULL.. I have the pleasure discussing the best selling book of that name and Richard Bach"s "I soar, I fell and I bleed, then soar again.". and pretty soon , the customer called his friend come to the hotel, tested riding on our bikes that will generate electricity, i.e.. the travellers participate to help the hotel geneating electricity then enjoying a free breakfast. our interaction didnt stop there. continuing from that room name, she further exploring the AXIAL AGE, JUNG AND todays collective consciousness awakening of mankinds that lead to rethinking our oneness with the nature. the whole family and friend encourage me to continue my mission of moderate budgeted GREE HOTEL.... How could an interaction with travellers end up such an uplifting experience. thank you and we will continue to improve for a more responsibly luxury lodging experience for the travelers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brawley
Best Western Plus Main Street Inn
#4 of 19 in El Centro
Townhouse Inn & Suites
Townhouse Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Brawley

Been to Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!