“A comfortable place to stay.”

Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Brawley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to find such a hotel in such a small, rural town. It provided a good base of operations to explore Anza-Borrego State Park, Salton Sea, and the Glamis Dunes. I didn't have any problems with noisy neighbors, traffic noise, etc. The hotel is located next to a Vons supermarket which made it easy to purchase lunches and such for the day. The restaurant on the property had decent food and hotel guests receive 10% off their bills there. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Main Street (Rtes 78/86) are the most quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven C
There are newer reviews for Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Seeing as there is very little in the way of hotels in this vicinity, this place is nice. It certainly needs some updating and there are certainly things that could be better but it is fine for a night or 2 but no more. There is really nothing around and it is a rather small city.
The staff was nice, friendly. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean. The tv was fine, stations were very fuzzy. There was a nice fridge and microwave.
The a/c is old and crummy. Both nights we were there sounded like there was a concert going on behind us or in the parking lot so I suggest taking some ear plugs.
Breakfast in the morning is fine, standard pastries and yogurt.
So, basically this place is fine but certainly not your luxury getaway place.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dinkeedrawers
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at the Brawley Inn for 7 nights. Front desk staff, day & night were friendly, helpful and responsive to needs. Room was excellent. Only issue was a slightly rattling window when the winds kicked up, blowing directly at that side of the Inn. My room was in Bluiding #4. Looked like new. Lacked the stuffy, used smell of many other places I've stayed. Room was comfortable and didnot have to use the heater (in January, it gets down to the 30s at night). The manager, Mr. Kumar, was gracious enough to offer a free room upgrade to my organization, American Red Cross, to which the Inn is a valued supporter. The WiFi issue has been corrected, with free access via cable as well. Overall, an excellent facility and staff. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Building #4. Access via center hallway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent three nights 10/28-31/2012 at this motel. Check in was good. Room was clean. Good mattress. Worn towels. Good TV and channel selection. Seat at desk would not raise to a level conducive for computer work, so had to sit on bed pillows in the desk chair.

AC would run for 4 minutes and then shut off for 30 (energy conservation I assume). It did not regulate room temperature to a comfortable level, and you need that here since it is so warm.

The first night I could not get on WiFi and the front desk clerk was no help. The next day, after complaints, I was given a number to call. It turned out that their WiFi router set up is so lacking that I had to go to the parking lot with my computer to make a connection, which kept breaking when I went back into the room. My counterpart staying in another room location at the other end of the facility had the same problems. If you are a business traveler that needs WiFi, do not stay here until they overhaul their WiFi.

A lot of their guests are of the energy exploration variety, vans with folks on day and night shifts. It can get noisy in the parking lot, at night with the day shift and in the morning when the night shift returns. They were friendly and there were no concerns for safety, even with the room door left open in the evening trying to compensate for inadequate AC until bed time.

During checkout, the clerk did not inquire about my experience and only asked if I wanted a copy of my receipt. Obviously not the attitude needed to if they are serious about keeping customers happy.

Price for value is OK if you don't need WiFi or care about AC controlling a set temperature in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Infested with crickets and maintenance nor front desk seemed surprised or concerned. Right on busy main road where farm trucks start roaring by at 4am. If this is the best Brawley has to offer, we would suggest staying in another town. And for being in the low desert in August, the AC should work flawlessly and it did not.....UGH.

Room Tip: See review....I guess pre-inspect any room before renting it, if you must stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard D
Atulikumar, General Manager at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We choose to stay at Brawley Inn cause of professional and friendly staff,also so close to my husband's work. Rooms are cleaned on a timely manner everyday,if we need anything fixed they also fix it in a timely manner. I would recommend anyone staying at Brawley Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Atulikumar, Manager at Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Your wonderful comments have made our day! We always pride ourselves on making sure that our guests are treated well, and we are pleased to know that we succeeded with you. I will pass your kind words along to our staff.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is easy to find. Is in a very safe area and is very well maintained. The Brawley Inn was an oasis in the desert. The 108 degree heat was tempered by the friendly staff, the beautiful surroundings of the hotel and the comfort of the room. The room was large, spotless, and the beds quite comfortable. The breakfast at the hotel's restaurant (Aspen) was very nice presentation and good food... We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for suite in building 4 are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our guests. We sincerely hope to see you on your next visit to Brawley.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brawley
Best Western Plus Main Street Inn
Hampton Inn El Centro
Hampton Inn El Centro
#2 of 19 in El Centro
Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro

Been to Brawley Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!