“I'm not much of a golfer, but this place is beautiful”

Boulder Creek Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: This hilly, tight golf course in a Redwood setting offers 18 challenging holes over more than 4,300 yards at par 65.
Ventura, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I'm not much of a golfer, but this place is beautiful”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We only golfed the back 9 and I'm a total beginner, so please utilize this review accordingly. Pluses:
1) great staff and online reservations went off without a hitch. With a large family on the first 9, we were thoughtfully started on the back 9.
2) It was the Saturday evening of a 3 day weekend and we had no issues with waiting for, or holding up, other golfers.
3) Golfing in between beautiful redwood trees made me care much less about my bad drives, trust me.
4) I will always remember my husband teeing off over the head of a deer who didn't move one inch as she enjoyed her twilight snack on the fairway.

Minuses: lots of redwood trees and water hazards - hopefully the bullfrogs and ducks can make use of all those lost balls. And redwood forest undergrowth gives a whole new meaning to the "rough" .

We will be back!

Visited May 2014

Boulder, Colorado
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great golf course in the Redwoods”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Highly recommend a stay at one of the Villas, and playing some golf here in conjunction with a weekend hiking in Big Basin. An excellent way to glamp! This course is well maintained and is more of an executive course with an average par 3 hole. I golfed on their early bird special (tee off before 8:30am) which was $29 for 18 holes and included a cart. Well worth it!

Visited April 2013
Monterey, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Nice venue”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a good place to spend day,out of the beaten path.
If you like golf, this is a track worth playing, it is better than most par 3 courses and fun, since it can be forgiving, but not on every hole.
Try it, you may like it!

Santa Clarita, California, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great 9 hole executive course”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

no golf carts, but easy course to walk. Nice time, friendly staff. I would go back any time! All par 3 & 4's. Not easy but not difficult. good for all golfers who need a couple of hours to relax and hit a few.

Visited October 2012
Boulder Creek, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“For the "restaurant" only---”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

DO NOT EAT THE FOOD. Especially when they have "dinner?" It's truly awful and horribly expensive considering what they give you. The course and bar are fine, but, WOW the food is awful...we've given it several chances and they just never even com close.....

Visited September 2012