“Fun and educational”

California Overland Desert Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Exciting Day and Overnight Excursions in the amazing Anza-Borrego Desert aboard authentic, open-air military vehicle and vintage Jeep CJ7. There are also climate-controlled options to adventure with our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and Off-Road Excursion Van. We are a contracted concessionaire of Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and a state-licensed passenger carrier.
Reviewed January 19, 2016

We spent a great afternoon with Joe touring the desert. He is very knowledgeable regarding the area, history, plant vegetation etc. Not being familiar ourselves with desert life, it was a real eye-opener. We feel we have a whole new appreciation for the desert after our tour with Joe.
We made plenty of stops, enjoying lemon water, fresh grapefruit and other snacks.
It was a most enjoyable afternoon and we'd highly recommend it.

2  Thank WilloughbyF
"bumpy ride"
"grand canyon"
"wild flowers"

Reviewed January 4, 2016

This is the second time I have gone to California Overland for a desert tour. The first time was a few years ago and I took my 13 year old son and my 83 year old father. Both had a fabulous time.
This time I went for a wedding and went with all my siblings and my dad. The desert has so much to offer. The panorama is incredible. The trails are great and the trucks are so much fun to travel in.
My sisters, father and I had a picnic in the middle of the desert with refreshing lemon water, nice sandwiches and a dessert with the others on the tour. Everyone was so friendly and it was nice to sit in the shade after the drive out there and get to know them.
I live in Italy, so I don't get this way too often, otherwise I would be here every weekend. There are so many different things to do.
The next thing I am planning is an overnight camping trip, dinner by the camp fire, a night hike and star gazing! I hear it is something I will never forget.
Maybe next time I will bring all my kids and my husband, too.

1  Thank valerie r
Reviewed January 3, 2016

Definitely worth doing! We did a group excursion and had a great time exploring the off-road areas of the desert. So much fun!

1  Thank Claudia R
Reviewed September 16, 2015

Went for the Perseids Meteor Shower that we enjoyed along with so many other things on this overnight. Had a great tour to Font's Point (what a view) on the way to our campsite. Joe and his staff were wonderful and very informative on Anza Borrego. Food and wine were delicious but the ice cold lemon water hit the spot with the high temps! Dennis Mammana with his expert knowledge and telescope were a special treat. Enjoyed being with our fellow campers by the campfire and under the stars! Thanks Joe for the scorpion hunt- everyone loves those pics!

2  Thank dobieowner