We enjoyed our time. The property was beautiful and the room was very nice. We enjoyed the shuffleboard, croquet, life size chess and the pool and spa. They clearly need to hire more people, we called to make reservations at the Butterfield restaurant -- hung up on, put on hold for 5 min with no answer, left message with no return call :( The food was average (My shrimp was ridiculously overcooked, I can't imagine what the chef was thinking sending it out that way.) The food very slow in coming out (dinner was over 3 hours), but the bussing staff was friendly and helpful, more so than the waiter.
The resort fee really bugged me for the following reasons:
1. only 1 measly pool towel per person
2. no spa services available ( the one person was all booked)
3. the salon was not open yet
4. there was never anyone to rent the tennis rackets from
5. there is no pool service, not even drinking water (this is the desert after all)
6. There was no room service ( at least not a menu or phone #)
7. The spa store had only about 100 items stocked
I know it is a "new" hotel, so I am sure they are working the kinks out. I do look forward to returning in a few months and writing a glowing review
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic luxury Boutique Resort located within the Anza-Borrego Desert of Southern California,La Casa del Zorro Resort and Spa offers 44 deluxe poolside and pool view rooms, each with oversized bathrooms and large dressing areas, patios or balconies. Four King Garden Rooms are also available. The 19 rustic and private casitas (freestanding homes), spread within the 42 acre property, feature a private pool, spa, or both, and are available in one to four-bedroom floor plans. Restaurant themes vary by Season but Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are always available. Family friendly outdoor amenities include 26 sparkling swimming pools, 14 water features, an aquatics, Tennis and Pickle Ball Center, croquet, horse shoes, ping pong,1-mile walking path, free bicycle rentals and other leisure activities. A luxury Spa, Salon and Gift Shop are also available. Conference, meeting and special event space amount to 8,000 Square Feet. Full Catering and Audio Visual Services are also available. Borrego Springs is among a handful of recognized "Dark Sky Communities" in the world and where the starry night skies will change you forever. An outdoor Stargazing Theatre provides breathtaking celestial sightings. Our 600,000 acre State Park will intrigue you. Golf Courses, International Cycling, Desert Discovery and 360 days of sunshine will entice you to return. MAGICAL - EXPERIENTIAL - TRANQUIL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Casa del Zorro Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.