All reviews toaster oven coffee maker no frills no tv or wifi helpful with suggestions kenny beds bonny proprietor desert refrigerator mattress
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a quiet, comfy and thoughtfully-run motel. The owners obviously take a lot of pride in their establishment.

Furnishings are clean, new, and simple and walls are freshly painted and bright. There's a good-sized fridge, a coffemaker, and a mini toaster oven which came in handy. There's a BBQ and fire-pit available for sitting out and looking at the stars.

The owners have taken care to thoughtfully attend to details like cushy mats on the floor by the bed, loofas by the shower, very soft, fresh-smelling towels and sheets, and a small set of tables and chairs both inside and outside for playing board games in the evening or enjoying the morning sun. The owners are a sweet, helpful couple that will tell you about local wildlife or proudly display their bedside tables that were painted by local school-children. They prepared our room by leaving a heater on for us for our arrival in the cold and offered to 'leave the lights on' for us; however this motel is much nicer than any Motel 6 I've been to.

The rooms have memory foam beds which are new and firm. We were able to walk to town (close but dark-bring a flashlight in the winter) and several restaurants and shops. This place is a good deal. We had a lovely stay and plan to return.

Room tip: I believe all the rooms are the same. We stayed in the middle of the row and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: January 2013
4  Thank BSN_10
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our second trip to Borrego Springs and our 2nd time at BSM. We always come out with a group of friends to go 4 wheeling and everyone seems to stay at different lodgings in town. Friends who spend a lot more do not have the consistent quality and service that we brag about from staying here. Clean, comfortable rooms, easy access to everything in town and the friendliness and service of the owners Ken and Bonni all make this a repeat stay over and over again. We bring our own entertainment and hot spot for wifi if needed. Cel service is adequate in this part of the town as well.

Room tip: All rooms are the same
Date of stay: December 2012
2  Thank Kristy P
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This motel is just wonderful! The owners have done a fabulous job on the remodel and can you say clean? This place is spotless, new beds (those temperpedic ones) new linens, new towels. The other places I've stayed in town have less than comfortable accommodations (beds that feel like your sleeping on the box springs and pillows that I call "pillow cakes" as they are flat as a pancake). The location can't be beat as far as access to downtown, just right off Christmas Circle. The views of the surrounding mountains are just gorgeous, your far enough in the valley that you get a 360 degree view. The pool, just what your looking for when you need to cool down, again beautiful and new. There's a couple fire rings/pits which are just perfect for an evening of star gazing by the fire side. So there's all my pro's... As for the con's...there are no TV's. I consider my self a TV junkies so its hard for me to unplug from the boob tube.......there is no Wi-Fi or Continental breakfast but none of the three places I've stayed in town have that either; rooms are small but well done. You have to keep in mind that your in a small desert town for biking, hiking, star gazing, nature viewing-not the big city. Sit back, unplug and enjoy!

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank chenster
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We recently made a trip to Ocotillo Wells. We were only staying for one evening- so we didn't want to haul out all of our camping supplies. However, at less than $80 a night and minimal reviews I was pretty worried after reseving the motel. I brought a sleeping bag just in case I needed it.
Let me start by telling you what you won't have: a TV, knick-knacks or art, a bath tub, a soft bed. The old, mildewy "motel" smell. What you will have: a very clean room, a small but tidy bath with a shower, fluffy linens, a coffee maker w/ a toaster oven (never seen that before), a small fridge and little cafe table/chairs inside and outside your room for your morning coffee. Peace and quiet. A reasonable pet fee. And a firm bed (which my husband prefers; so I consider it a wash). A small complaint- the AC unit was up high enough that a short person would have difficulty adjusting it.
Bonnie, Kenny and Duchess (the adorable Doberman who thinks she is a chihuahua) will do their best to make sure you feel at home. Local recommendations on dining and obtaining supplies are given immediately. You won't get 24 hour service- but you will feel like you are staying with firends.
For practicality purposes (staying at the same place as friends after a long day in the desert) we stayed at another hotel a second night. It had more amenities and more "decor"- but I found myself wishing we had stayed at the simple, clean, small & functional Borrego Springs Motel. Though with a softer bed. : )

Room tip: There are less than 10. Nothing to "choose". The walls are cinder block and painted (white and clean)-so they are all quiet.
Date of stay: November 2012
8  Thank JMoCalifornia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Borrego doesn't have alot, but what it does have is a nice little motel, run by very nice people. Kenny & Bonni (and don't forget dutchess) treated us like family. The rooms are nice & clean. It was great to sit out and look at the stars from our chairs on the porch. Next time I'm in town I'll be staying at the Borrego Springs Motel for sure.

Date of stay: October 2012