“Good food, service, atmosphere”

Carmelita's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Escondido, California
“Good food, service, atmosphere”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nice place! Good food! Service was spot on! We had completed the Palm Canyon hike and needed lunch. Stopped by. The air conditioning was great. Cold water and chips and salsa hit the spot! The food did take a little bit, but was exceptional. The place was moderatly busy. I would go back again. Borrego springs was a joy in general!

• Visited April 2011

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Best Margarita's in the Anza Borrego desert”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I think about the margarita at Carmelita's even when I'm not there. I salivate when we head down the Montezuma pass nearing the town of Borrego Springs. This is the best damn Margarita I have truly ever had. Especially when Diana or Cyndi are behind the bar. The carnita's and shredded beef are really good and they make a killer cheeseburger as well.

Look out for the cast of characters hanging out at the bar debating the bit actors on Bonanza or yelling at the TV during the women's World Cup. I really love this place!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank SirNose
Southern CA
“good fresh food where spicy means spicy!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

clean comfortable restaurant with good fresh food at affordable prices. everyone in our party was very happy & I was very pleased to find shrimp diablo with plenty of fat juicy shrimp that was actually spicy! having lived in SoCal all my life ( and I'm older than dirt ) & eaten many home cooked Mexican meals I'm not sure what is meant by "authentic" I just know that this is good food

• Visited June 2011
Palm Springs, California
“Fun, happy place filled with locals.”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Clean, fun, a local hang out, food is good,service fast, but it is the people watching that brings me there. I go there every week, makes me happy, like going back in time to the 50'.

London, United Kingdom
“Not Texmex but Calmex!”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Good Mexican food and nice service. They open late for breakfast but it's worth the wait.