“A must stop!”

Domingo's Finest Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The best of everything, service, staff, food and the owner always stops at your table to meet and greet you. Makes you feel right at home. We love it!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good restaurant in the middle of nowhere, I heard that is one of the two options to go to eat in Boron. There is no more.

The owner is always around the tables worried about the service, this gives me a good sense of the quality of the service and food. In addition, US Air Force normally goes to eat there.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

They brought on the chips & Salsa & brought it on again. The owner made us feel like VIPs, he talked with us & shared about his own experience with the local Air Force Base. I said before he made us feel like VIPs more than that we felt like family.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've been to Domingo's three times since May 2012 while visiting Edwards AFB, Dryden Flight Research Center, and watching the last shuttle fly to its retirement in a Los Angeles museum.

For you space fans, shuttle astronauts and test pilots regularly eat here after a flight. And if there are no physical pilots present, the memorabilia on the walls will sate your spacey appetite.

I've been there for a group dinner of 40 - where we took over the entire outside covered patio (we made reservations well in advance), a small group of 9 for a late lunch, and one solo lunch.

The bowls of tortilla chips are as delicious as the complimentary salsa. You can get a bowl of quacamole for a small charge. In addition to Mexican food, they have a lot of fish dishes, including octopus! Soups hit or miss. I loved the albondigas soup, but there was no chicken in my chicken tortilla soup (I got the unfortunate spoonful of carrots and squash instead)

I've stuck to seafood as an entree for dinner - giant shrimp fajitas, shrimp enchiladas (thought I ordered shrimp taco but it was my fault, not the order taker) My last meal was one soft roast chicken corn taco, 1 pork tamal off the a la carte menu, and 1 Corona. Less than $10!

Plenty to choose from, great wait staff, and if you are lucky, you'll get to meet Domingo, the owner. Full bar for great margaritas (special on the rocks version was popular with my groups, but I stuck to beer).

Tip: I'd plan an afternoon visit to Boron if you are on your way to or from Vegas or LA, or on Highway 58 coming to or from Edwards Air Force base. Visit the Twenty Mule Team Museum and Saxon Aerospace Museum just down the road from Domingo's, and visit the rock shop on Boron Avenue, one block away. There's a nice park just a block away too -- Pioneer Park -- with a HUGE mining dump truck, and a vintage fire truck - just the thing for the big or little boy in your party. :-)

Reviewed July 28, 2012

On the long dull trip from Vegas to Bakersfield we stopped in Boron for a supermarket. His one was very poor looking: empty shelves, no customers.
But next door we found a wonderll place for lunch!!
Delicious mexican food, fresh and reasonnable priced. Nice decorated, with fotos of the airforce base next door.The owner tells about it with love and enthousiasm.
Excellent place to sop on your way!