$70
$185
Hampton.com
$189
$99
Super 8 by Wyndham Ukiah(Ukiah)(Great Value!)
$127
$177
$144
$88
$85
All reviewsanderson valleyhotel barsmall townquiet eveningthis lovely hotelthe main hotelsipping wineapple farmsitting roomback porchlocal winebeautiful groundsa lovely stayroad tripwineriespinotmendocino
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I have read all the reviews of this hotel and, strangely enough, they're all true. Whether you are crazy about it depends on what your priorities are. It's a renovated hotel(?) that's over 100 years old. It lacks all the amenities that are complained about on this thread, But I have developed some horrible allergies that make me feel handicapped. When I sat on the bed in my room, draped my arm across the pillow, and did not feel that awful tingling that is the begining of my allergy to almost every detergent- well, I was fascinated. I visited the laundry facility and found that they use only all natural detergent. I had e-mailed them about a couple of food allergies I have and found that they kindly prepared my dinner accordingly.
The rooms are spare (and expensive) but I felt comfortable and cozy and most of all, respected.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stjoesun
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I recently took a trip to the Anderson Valley to celebrate my birthday, and stayed at the Boonville Hotel. After our car trip up from San Francisco, we arrived to the calming oasis of Boonville (perhaps one of the most charming towns in Northern California) and the Boonville Hotel. Immediately, all of our worries from the week slipped away, and we simply relaxed with a glass of wine while strolling the grounds and later sitting by the fire pit on the property.

The hotel is charming to say the least. For anyone that is looking to get away from it all, the Boonville Hotel is the place to go. The property has only a handful of rooms, which simply adds to its charm...it made us feel like we had stumbled upon a secret treasure. We stayed in the Pump House, a stand alone cabin that had a country, yet very modern feel to it. Sitting outside on our porch, watching the sunset during our last evening there was simply heaven!

Oh, and the food is a treat! The dinners we shared during our stay were spectacular five course feasts. We took our time, enjoying each dish (because really, what else do you have to do up there except eat and drink) and were not disappointed. The duck we had on our second night was a particular favorite of mine. Also, in the mornings the hotel offers guests a breakfast of coffee and freshly-made scones, which were delicious.

All in all, we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering a trip up to Anderson Valley. It is rare that we leave somewhere so enthusiastic about our experience, but after our stay at the Boonville Hotel, we are still finding ourselves talking about how much we enjoyed our weekend. For those looking to get away from it all and enjoy good food, wine, and relaxation, stay at the Boonville Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sfgrant
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Without a doubt, the Boonville Hotel is a landmark in Anderson Valley. Its setting amongst world-class vineyards, redwood forests and rolling hills makes for a perfect getaway. The rooms are very quaint and comfortable. However, I felt the entire time like I was being nickle-and-dimed by the management. For instance, why should I be required to eat a meal at their restaurant, or face extra charges for not doing so? Although run by the son of French Laundry owners, the food was agreeable at best and certainly not worth the price. Spend your money at some of the other great family-run hotels in the area, like the Anderson Creek Inn, Anderson Valley Inn, or The Apple Farm (run by Johnny's sister).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LovetoTravel152515
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is a marvellous place. It's an old hotel opposite the village general store, and it oozes friendliness and charm. Comfortable and homely, life can just roll by with ease especially when sampling the fine local wines by the glass or their excellent micro brewery beers. Boonville Hotel is a Slow Foodies heaven - this place knocked spots of the San Francisco places. The chefs 1 (3 course) menu is set with the best ingredients available that day to the chef John Schmitt. We had the freshest local produce, often from the hotel garden and all the individual flavours spoke for themselves - it simply couldn't be better. Oh and Melinda the pastry chef is real top class too! The Hotel staff are so friendly and likeable. Just a great place to stay. P&AM

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bedabs
Reviewed May 23, 2010

We knew Johnny Schmidt was a great chef before we traveled to his hotel, The Boonville Hotel. We arrived to fabulous herb and flower gardens that were magnificent. The family style meals were delicious, creative, generous and wonderful. The flavor of the food was great, and the style of the dining was casual, friendly and happy. The Boonville Hotel is a must visit destination for those looking for upscale dining and relaxed, but extremely comfortable accommodations. If you are headed to Mendocino, stop first at The Boonville Hotel. I plan to return again and again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends