“Excellent food and service!”
Review of Peking Wok

Peking Wok
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Bonsall
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is a great place! I've eaten here many times. Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food, but I really love this place. Everything I've had has been delicious and the sevice is perfect! Plus it is not overpriced. They take good care of you! I highly recommend.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very clean... very friendly... and the food is always good. We missed them when they were closed after the fire in Vista... but are happy they are back open. Live music is a nice touch...

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The owner is from China and the food is authentic. The rice is very unique with barley -- not just white rice.

1  Thank Bonsallblonde
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is the only Chinese Restaurant that I frequent. The food is so good and consistently so. I love the chili dumplings and cream cheese dumplings on the appetizer list and also the barbque ribs. Sometimes I just have appetizers because the entrees are large proportioned and I want to have room. My most favorites are the Walnut Shrimp (yummy in that super Wasabi sauce), Peter's Chicken, House Fried Rice (not skimpy with the ingredients) and the Wor Wonton soup is to die for. I had my mom's 90th birthday party here a number of years ago because it was her personal favorite. All 24 women raved about the food. Jane, the owner, even supplied roses from her garden as centerpieces. She is always evident at the restaurant and greets people warmly as she circulates from table to table. The service is excellent and they have a wonderful selection of unusual martinis (I really like the lemon drop and the one with Jane's pickled vegetables). It's an added treat to have live piano music especially when Bud Roberds (retired music teacher from Fallbrook High School) is playing showtunes! I've been a diner here since they were in Vista, so you know that I am a huge fan!!!

1  Thank Ellen P
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This family-owned restaurant began in Vista, and then migrated to Bonsall. The decor is tasteful and interesting, not heavily into the dark reds and blacks of many Chinese restaurants. In the evening there is a pianist. The service is very good, and usually the owner visits the tables to see how you are. The menu is varied and tasty, although not experimental. There are no desserts, but rarely do you have room for any. You can dress up for dinner, or just wear nice casual clothes. There is a room for large parties. The meals are competatively priced; you aren't paying for the piano player.

1  Thank dianesquid