“Super Mexican Food”

Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Bonita
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Billy Casper Way
Transit: MTS Route 705 available weekdays.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Excellent menu with vary original Mexican dishes and some Spanish too.
Very good service. A little bit pricey.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been visiting this restaurant since it opened and always had a wonderful experience. All of the servers and bartenders are wonderful, respectful, helpful and quick. I have taken my young children a couple times but prefer to leave them home and go on a date or with friends. They have an excellent wine selection and the tamarindo and cucumber martinis are refreshing. We usually stick with tapas since we like tasting a variety while all of the entrees we have tried are amazing as well. The best tapas we order every time are the cochinita pibil (little pork tacos), pulpo asado (grilled oyster), favadas con almeja (fava beans, clams and chorizo sausage), really they're all good! When going out we never have room for dessert but sticking to tapas for the meal here leaves us with a little room for dessert. The churros are delicious served with hot chocolate and ice cream. The chocolate cake melts in your mouth and cajeta crepes will satisfy any sweet tooth.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We do recommend this restaurant. the food is delicious, specially the quails, chorizo with cheese and any tapas.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a good place to enjoy some Tapas and drinks. The Tamarindo martini is my favorite. Very nice staff and food.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

With a bit of a Mexican twist on them. I've had this place on my radar for a few years but the drive kept me away. Too bad because I've missed a lot of really good food from Chef Javier Plascensia. He owns a few other top spots in Tijuana and has been credited with bringing Baja's food into the realm of top notch.
We stuck with tapas and they were creative and delicious. Good octopus, if a bit chewy, shrimp with signature romesco sauce, mushrooms sautéed in sherry, roasted beef marrow bones; I'm getting hungry all over again. We had a bottle of wine from the Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico's premier wine growing region and just a few hours south of the border. But we can't get their wise in too many places so this was a nice treat.
The service was good but not great since they had a larger crowd than expected. But it was not bad enough to ruin the meal.
I would go back in a second but I wish Chef Javier would open a restaurant further north in San Diego county.