“Most amazing experience!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bolinas
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This amazing little restaurant not only provided a full breakfast (or just coffee) for up to the 20 individuals in our group on a holiday weekend (the day after Christmas Day) dropping in at all hours of the morning but also took in up a group of up to 25 on very short notice for the most amazing dinner ever! The staff was courteous, helpful, and most cheerful as they took our admittedly confused order (many children involved) and our experience was the most joyful ever. Thank you especially to the Coast Cafe Staff for making our holiday stay so magical.

1  Thank tsduff

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I think the workers in Bolinas want to be sure no one ever visits their little paradise again. There is no other explanation for such poor service and poor food quality for people who aren't fortunate enough to get to live here. My husband ordered the half chicken for $20. He was given a chicken wing and an inedible piece of something resembling a hockey puck. He said to the waitress "The menu said this was a half chicken." Her response (and I am not making this up): "It is what it is, but I guess it does say 1/2 chicken on the menu." My husband pointed out that there should at least be a drumstick. She leaves and yells to the kitchen staff "I need a drumstick." Then ignores us as much as she can for the rest of the night, avoiding all eye contact. The chicken was so over cooked it was almost inedible anyway, we shouldn't even have bothered. I can't remember the last time I had such poor service.

3  Thank Diana M
Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you are a tourist wishing to throw good money after bad, then go ahead. I would not go back ever again after several bad experiences. It is very expensive for poor to average food and expensive drinks. The service often makes oner wonder whether your table is invisible. Hygiene needs improvement. Management is in the wrong business.

3  Thank snorkelbabe243
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you are staying in Stinson or Bolinas this is your best option for dining. The food is delicious, fresh and the service is very good. There is an outdoor patio. The town itself is a throwback in time but authentic. The wine and beer choices are limited and okay. It worth the trip around the bend.

2  Thank danishdoo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Happened upon this hidden gem while traveling up the California coast! Excellent food and service! We had the fish and Chips and it was exceptional....we've had it many times in England and this was among the best we've ever had! Only drawback is its fairly expensive....$17 for 3 fish fillets, chips and coleslaw. Overall, would definitely visit again!

1  Thank TeeLee P