“Blissful Birthday!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Blissful Birthday!”
Reviewed December 4, 2010

A short trip from The City...but miles away from ‘everyday’. We go to Bodega Bay a few times a year, but this was our first stay at the BBL&S (hey..that even looks kind of like the word 'BLISS!). The reception couldn't have been more gracious. They knew it was my birthday and extended warm greetings -- and that served to set off the tone for the stay. Our room was very comfortable -- much larger than many other places. The view was wonderful, and a beautiful sunset seemed to have been arranged just for my special day -- my 65th, BTW. Dinner at the Duck Restaurant was in the more intimate lounge area which was more suitable than in the very large main dining room. Excellent service, terrific drinks, mmmMMM duck! It was the first time we've had to take home half the serving of duck as it was just too much...we're not complaining. It was a great experience and we'll be sure to stay again.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Healdsburg, California
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a couple of days at the coast with my boyfriend. We stayed at the Lodge and enjoyed our beautiful suite with a stunning view of the bay/coast. Every evening our bed was turned down and chocolates appeared on the pillows. Our stay included having breakfast at the Lodge and a light dinner. We encountered nothing but professional and friendly staff. The food was excellent and so was the atmosphere. I could not be happier with the experience and I thank Bodega Bay Lodge for making a very special trip even more enjoyable.

Sausalito
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend trip up the coast. We fell in love with this place! We were blown away by the top notch customer service. We did everything: dinner at Duck Club, spa treatment, wine hour, sunset from our deck- and every moment was unforgettable. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
morgan hill, ca
Reviewed November 19, 2010

such anticipation to get away with my wife and friends for the weekend and then to be disappointed the second we approached the front desk. yes, we had a nice special compared to the full rates but when they told us they would not honor it, i had to whip out the confirmation with the price, which kind of lost the initial feel good get-away feeling. felt bad for the person on the phone who was booking a room that night for the full price. the lodge may have some very nice rooms, but after the front desk incident they obviously placed us in the two rooms that had yet to be renovated (maybe, revenge of the front desk)...the facility is a relaxing setting and the wine reception was very nice with the crowd watching the world series, but i just wanted to look at the others in the room and ask if anyone was actually paying full price

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oxfordman
tmcgreogr, General Manager at Bodega Bay Lodge, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Dear Oxfordman,

I am sorry that there was some confusion over your reservation upon check-in, and that this created a negative experience for you at the Lodge. I am looking into where the breakdown on your reservation may have occurred, so that we can improve our systems and ensure that it doesn’t happen to another guest. Thank you for your feedback here, it will make for a better experience for future guests.

Tim McGregor
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This is a very nicely located hotel, clean rooms and if you get a room with ocean views, its spectacular! Check in was very slow; we arrived at 430pm and the room was still not ready; while waiting for the room about a half a dozen people checked in fine. When front desk lady finally noticed me standing right there about 45 mins later, she asked for my last name again! I was not very happy, then she had another girl check me in when she noticed that she actually checked the previous guest in 'my' room! After all the confusion, she gave me another room (but it was a queen and I had specifically requested a king), I requested to be given the room I had asked for and confirmed. Finally she ended up 'upgrading' me to an ocean front room. After this first impression, I really don't have anything bad to say about the place, the complimentary wine hour was great, restaurant was really nice, staff were friendly and helpful. There are a lot of hikes around and a beautiful beach walking distance from the hotel.

Massachusetts
Reviewed November 10, 2010

My DH and I stayed here for two nights after seeing it advertised for a fabulous price on Travelzoo. What a gorgeous place! The room was large with a working fireplace and the king size bed was extremely comfy. From the small patio outside the room, we saw lovely views of Bodega Bay. We ate a couple of breakfasts and dinner one night at the on site restaurant - also very good. Two thumbs up.

San Rafael
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The weather changed from Sunny, to rain, to cloudy and foggy, but the hotel was consistently great.
Starting with early check in upon arrival, continuing with to very enjoyable massage for my wife and an afternoon relaxing on the balcony overlooking Bodega Bay to the best room service dinner from their restaurant Duck Club in front of the fire place.
There is a great walking trail from the back of the hotel and it is only short driving distance from another excellent restaurant, the Terrapin Creek Cafe.
We will definitively be back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodega Bay
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford

Been to Bodega Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!