Bodega Bay Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Wonderful views of Bodega Bay, well appointed and large rooms. Good attention from the front desk staff. Nice bathrooms. Fireplace a little funky with the "fireplace log" and having to get more from the desk, but still okay. Nice decks overlooking the pool and grounds, and the bay and sunsets beyond. Definitely planning on going back again to the secluded coast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,667)

Reviewed September 23, 2009

I recently stayed at this resort for 3 days just to get away from the hustle and bustle of San Francisco. I had a beautiful ocean view suite and it was just lovely!! The staff could not have been friendlier and the views were just beautiful.

My husband had planned to join me, however we were unable to secure boarding for our dog. This resort would be a perfect pet friendly location. The room I was in was private and had direct access a grassy area on the patio. I would have spent twice as much money at the resort had my husband been able to join with our pet.

Since I was along, I was not comfortable eating in the restaurant. However, if they were to have had a bar area I would definately have felt comfortable having a drink there and eating dinner in the bar. I really think a bar area would be a great addition to this wonderful resort.

All in all, I would definately return but would love to have the option of bringing my pet as so many of the luxury hotels in San Francisco, Monterey and Napa Valley currently allow.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Kat223
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here for one night on our trip round California. The hotel is well appointed and the room was superb. Eat in the Duck Club restaurant at the hotel, it is well worth it.

Reviewed September 10, 2009

I arrived at Bodega Bay after a wonder weekend in Napa to celebrate my girl friends 30th Birthday. We arrived just after sunset and we were upgraded to the best room available. The manager found out I was in the military and we were celebrating a birthday and he comp'ed the entire dinner and drinks.....unbelievable. The staff did everything they could to make the stay enjoyable and memorable. We wanted to take the bed home with us because it was so comfortable. By far, the best hotel experience I have ever had. I usually don't write reviews but it was so outstanding I had to let people know.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We made reservations prior to arrival for a two queen bed room.

We arrived late and were completely shocked at the room we were given. The room
looked like it was periodically used as a small conference room. One of the
beds was a murpy bed that wasn't even pulled down from the wall or made up. The
other bed was a roll away that had been put into the room. When we turned on
the lights there were quite a few live bugs flying around the room. The
bathroom was not very clean, complete with spider webs around the window and
profanity that had been written on the mirror and was visible when the mirror
steamed up after taking a shower. It seemed that this room was not given to
guests very often.

We complained and were moved to a great room that was such a nice contrast, we
couldn't believe it was the same hotel.

We expected the rooms to be close to the water but the hotel is situated quite a ways away so you can barely see the ocean off in the distance. It's not a very convienent hotel to get to and I would strongly recommend not driving there after dark. The roads are pretty dark and windy and you are pretty far away from everything.

There really isn't much to do around there, at least not that we found, without driving quite a ways away from the hotel.

We ordered room service on our second night's stay and were really pleased with
the service, menu choices and quality of food.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Wow! this place is undescribable. It sits next to a state park on the bay. The sea lions and seals can be heard while drinking coffee in the morning. Deer are grazing in the park. This is a wonderful adventure for a nature freak such as my self. We went for our honeymoon, and the place was better than I could have imagined. The staff were so delightful, friendly, and funny. They were on a first name basis by the time we left. I was sad to leave. This is a place for picky, picky people who want to have some time with each other in a wonderful settting. My honeymoon turned out to be fabulous.

Reviewed August 28, 2009

The Lodge at Bodega Bay is by far the highest end accommodations in the Bodega
Bay area. There are others that claim to have the same amenities but not nearly the quality as the Lodge.
We were greeted by 'Shirley and she took the time to shows our options in accommodations. The suites are well appointed in a nautical theme but not overdone, all have views of the bay, fireplaces and balconies.
We found the room as well as the public areas all to be clean and well maintained.
The fitness center has qualty equipment and a view of the bay as well.
The lodge provides a wine and cheese reception from 5-6 and was well attended the evening we were there. There is no host, just guests interacting.
The restaurant on property the Duck Club is a culinary treat, which carrys the service which is OK but not to the level of the quality of food and ambience of the dining room.
The seafood chowder is engulfed in mussels and clams and a sauce to keep the bread dipping. The menu is enhanced with all localy grown products which the culinary team only enchances with their talents.
You won't be dissappointed with a retreat to The Lodge at Bodega Bay

Fort Ross Lodge
Fort Ross Lodge
#1 of 3 in Jenner
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Bodega Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!