“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Menlo Park, California
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although probably pricier than other hotels in the area, the property is conveniently located 5 miles north of Bodega, and right in Bodega Bay, with spectacular views and an easy 10 minute walk to Doran Beach State Park. If you prefer to drive there, the Lodge will give you a day pass for free (that you must return). Also in close proximity, Bodega Head hike, with the most spectacular views of the sunset and pacific coast. The hot tub and pool are great and open until 11pm, quite a nice treat after a good dinner. The Duck Club has great food, good service (though our hostess forgot about us, we were promptly seated in a better location). We stayed in Room 508, far corner of the property, super quiet and massive in size. Very clean, bathroom seemed newly remodeled. Perfect weekend getaway location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CJK38

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We decided on a last-minute weekend getaway with a baby at the Bodega Bay Lodge. We had a really great time, but there are a few caveats:
- It's a nice place, don't get me wrong, but the standard prices seem severely inflated for what you get. We got a discount upfront (negotiated), so this wasn't a concern for us
- The Spa/pool is mediocre, don't come here for the spa experience
- There is a very loud foghorn on all night if there is fog (most of the time), make sure you get a white noise machine

The area and nearby beach/town are wonderful, so all-in-all we had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Dick B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Rain and construction did not stop our family and friends from having a wonderful wedding celebration. The rooms are spacious, and the beds are the best ever. The Duck club restaurants is amazing from breakfast to dinner. Chef Riley's passion for not only serving creative and phenomenal food but coming out to talk to the guest is a lost art in today's restaurant. It tells you that he cares. He must have learned this from his General Manager Tim Mcgregor as he had his rain gear on helping the construction workers finish in time for the wedding. When was the last time you saw a GM do that? The hot tub was inspected and opened in time for all the wedding guests to enjoy the late evening after an incredible meal prepared by chef Riley's staff. The service during the dinner was impeccable, timing was spot on even though there was 8 speeches during the dinner. Food and beverage director Bill Govan has a lot to be proud of as he has created a team that not only cares but goes above and beyond to make an experience that will be cherished forever. Restaurant manager mike always gave us a smile during breakfast and made sure we we're taking care of with style.
I can't forget to mention Cheri Cellini, who made all the wedding details seem so natural. She was quick to respond to emails and stayed all night making sure our wedding went off without a problem. Any organization would be pleased to have her as their catering manager.
As I always have said, it starts at the top, attitude and willingness will fall downhill to the staff. We can't wait to come back to celebrate our anniversary.
Thank you for making our wedding so very special. I will suggest you to everyone I know.
Your friends,
Lars and Renee Stokkebye

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lars S
Citrus Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have stayed at Bodega Bay Lodge many time before. We love the view of the Bay, the rooms are outstanding. The staff is always right on the ball and courteous. I highly recomend it to anyone. We had massages on Sunday afternoon. The only bummer was that they are reconstructing the Spa/Pool area,and it was closed at the time. But we looked over the construction fence and it will be awesome to use in the future.

Room Tip: All of their rooms are great! The rooms on the West side have the best ununhibited view of the bay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gary B
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I love staying at the Bodega Bay Lodge. My fiance surprised me and proposed to me in Bodega Bay a year ago. Part of the surprise was after the proposal he told me that he'd booked us a room at the Bodega Bay Lodge to celebrate. He could not have chosen any place better. This place is romantic and intimate, plus it's comfortable, plush and luxurious.

BBL is first class, all the way. From check in, to wine and cheese hour, to the Duck Club and room service... you get it all. You will have a fantastic stay here. We got a complimentary bottle of champagne after telling them we had just gotten engaged! And chocolates for coming to celebrate a birthday here. We've have stayed three times total, and the fourth visit is already booked. We've always had a wonderful, memorable time.

First of all, the rooms... I LOVE THE BEDS AND BEDDING HERE! SO comfortable. And the bathrooms... I die. They are awesome. The fire place is fantastic (don't have one at home!) and we always end up needing extra logs. I also love the mini Keurig in the rooms, plus the wine glasses and bottle opener. They have thought of everything... you even get cotton balls and q-tips in the bathroom.

As previous people have mentioned, you can hear the fog horn, but it doesn't bother me. Now whenever we go, I just bring a set of ear plugs for us both.

Everything else... The Duck Club is excellent. We always eat here and really enjoy it. (Love the crab Benedict!!) The pool and spa are great and the spa services are fantastic. We've done the hot shell massage <AMAZING!> and the couples massage. Though, we've only had spa services in our room... it is so nice to roll off the table and into bed after a great treatment.

If you are feeling rich, spring for the Bodega Bay Upper Room. It seriously costs a fortune but my finance and I enjoyed every second we spent in that room. The soaking tub is out of this world!

Special shout out to Natalie from the front desk, who always remembers us when we visit. She is the best.

I can't wait to go back in a few weeks!

Room Tip: I've had an assortment of rooms, and never gotten a bad one. If you can afford it, go for the B...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kellis155
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I know this place has excellent reviews and it certainly deserves them, my wife and I had a very nice time. The property is very beautiful and scenic.

I'll point out a few things: first you are pretty much in the middle of nowhere and so there isn't a lot going on in the area that we could tell. We didn't mind as we pretty much stayed at the lodge except to walk on the head and the beach. Second this is really a lodge and all the rooms we noticed all had exterior entries and surrounded by trees. We had what was probably the cheapest room (first floor on the end) the view was still excellent from our room. The rooms were very large and well maintained.

There is a foghorn at the bay which I could sometimes hear on the property but not in our room.

We also thought the restaurant had excellent food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank _MTJ_99
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have an annual 3 day meeting in Bodega Bay, CA. Of the multiple places that we are given rates to stay, this one is consistently the nicest. Rooms are of modern taste, nice size. The rooms I have stayed in typically have a fireplace, shower only, a reasonably priced minibar, and free internet. After rotating through several other options, I will be planning to stay here for future meetings.

I had a stunning room of the coast - and since the seas were rough, I could here the ocean's waves crashing through the night. Very nice. (It is about a 3/4 mile from the beach).

Free wine and cheese happy hour. Would be nice if they served beer as there are also many local breweries.

Foghorn wasnt a concern for me - and I am a light sleeper - but I typically stay in the top row of rooms - which is further from the coast. I have never eaten at the duck club.

My most recent stay in January 2014, the pool closed (planned to be re-opened in Feb, 14').

Room Tip: Blocks of rooms on top of the hill (next to parking lot) have less foghorn noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fort Ross Lodge
Fort Ross Lodge
#1 of 2 in Jenner
4.0 of 5 stars 222 reviews

Been to Bodega Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!