“Weekend getaway”

Bodega Bay Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have stayed at Bodega Bay Lodge many time before. We love the view of the Bay, the rooms are outstanding. The staff is always right on the ball and courteous. I highly recomend it to anyone. We had massages on Sunday afternoon. The only bummer was that they are reconstructing the Spa/Pool area,and it was closed at the time. But we looked over the construction fence and it will be awesome to use in the future.

Room Tip: All of their rooms are great! The rooms on the West side have the best ununhibited view of the bay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gary B
There are newer reviews for Bodega Bay Lodge

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I love staying at the Bodega Bay Lodge. My fiance surprised me and proposed to me in Bodega Bay a year ago. Part of the surprise was after the proposal he told me that he'd booked us a room at the Bodega Bay Lodge to celebrate. He could not have chosen any place better. This place is romantic and intimate, plus it's comfortable, plush and luxurious.

BBL is first class, all the way. From check in, to wine and cheese hour, to the Duck Club and room service... you get it all. You will have a fantastic stay here. We got a complimentary bottle of champagne after telling them we had just gotten engaged! And chocolates for coming to celebrate a birthday here. We've have stayed three times total, and the fourth visit is already booked. We've always had a wonderful, memorable time.

First of all, the rooms... I LOVE THE BEDS AND BEDDING HERE! SO comfortable. And the bathrooms... I die. They are awesome. The fire place is fantastic (don't have one at home!) and we always end up needing extra logs. I also love the mini Keurig in the rooms, plus the wine glasses and bottle opener. They have thought of everything... you even get cotton balls and q-tips in the bathroom.

As previous people have mentioned, you can hear the fog horn, but it doesn't bother me. Now whenever we go, I just bring a set of ear plugs for us both.

Everything else... The Duck Club is excellent. We always eat here and really enjoy it. (Love the crab Benedict!!) The pool and spa are great and the spa services are fantastic. We've done the hot shell massage <AMAZING!> and the couples massage. Though, we've only had spa services in our room... it is so nice to roll off the table and into bed after a great treatment.

If you are feeling rich, spring for the Bodega Bay Upper Room. It seriously costs a fortune but my finance and I enjoyed every second we spent in that room. The soaking tub is out of this world!

Special shout out to Natalie from the front desk, who always remembers us when we visit. She is the best.

I can't wait to go back in a few weeks!

Room Tip: I've had an assortment of rooms, and never gotten a bad one. If you can afford it, go for the B...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kellis155
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I know this place has excellent reviews and it certainly deserves them, my wife and I had a very nice time. The property is very beautiful and scenic.

I'll point out a few things: first you are pretty much in the middle of nowhere and so there isn't a lot going on in the area that we could tell. We didn't mind as we pretty much stayed at the lodge except to walk on the head and the beach. Second this is really a lodge and all the rooms we noticed all had exterior entries and surrounded by trees. We had what was probably the cheapest room (first floor on the end) the view was still excellent from our room. The rooms were very large and well maintained.

There is a foghorn at the bay which I could sometimes hear on the property but not in our room.

We also thought the restaurant had excellent food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank _MTJ_99
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have an annual 3 day meeting in Bodega Bay, CA. Of the multiple places that we are given rates to stay, this one is consistently the nicest. Rooms are of modern taste, nice size. The rooms I have stayed in typically have a fireplace, shower only, a reasonably priced minibar, and free internet. After rotating through several other options, I will be planning to stay here for future meetings.

I had a stunning room of the coast - and since the seas were rough, I could here the ocean's waves crashing through the night. Very nice. (It is about a 3/4 mile from the beach).

Free wine and cheese happy hour. Would be nice if they served beer as there are also many local breweries.

Foghorn wasnt a concern for me - and I am a light sleeper - but I typically stay in the top row of rooms - which is further from the coast. I have never eaten at the duck club.

My most recent stay in January 2014, the pool closed (planned to be re-opened in Feb, 14').

Room Tip: Blocks of rooms on top of the hill (next to parking lot) have less foghorn noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David D
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Just returned from a "girl's weekend" at the lovely Bodega Bay Lodge. The location alone is immediately calming. Our room (607) was spacious and clean and had one of the most comfortable beds I've enjoyed in a long time. There are many great (and easy) walks and hikes to enjoy. Although the spa was under renovation, we found a fantastic alternative at Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary in neighboring Freestone, CA. I should review that place separately, but I'll just say that you should go there if you want a top knotch facial, massage or unique cypress mulch bath.

The food at Bodega Bay was good. I only ate breakfast there. My only minor issue was that I requested a soft boiled egg and it arrived overcooked into a hard boiled. No big deal though. Lovely staff.

The outdoor fire pit is a real draw in the evening where you can sit in a rocking chair with a glass of wine. Once the pool and spa renovations are complete, I'd highly recommend this to adults who want a relaxing but higher quality getaway. I'd definitely return!

Room Tip: I prefer rooms such as the one we had (607) because they are closest to the bay and are single story...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here a few times over the years. We stayed last Fall and were thrilled to see all the upgrades and improvements to the guest rooms! Spectacular! The bed was so comfy and the bathroom! OMG, I know, crazy to be excited about a bathroom, but really! We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony with appetizers and wine, staring off at Bodega Head and the Bay. We were celebrating our anniversary and I had mentioned it (apparently) when I made the reservation. There was a really nice "Happy Anniversary" card and some delish chocolates on the bed when we checked in. Such a nice touch. We had dinner at the Duck Club Restaurant - yummy!! The views from both the room and the restaurant are unparallelled, simply stunning. When you're in Bodega Bay, stay at the Bodega Bay Lodge!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb M
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and i spend 3 nites at the Bodega Bay Lodge for our 34 year anniversary and the accommodation were 5 STAR. Most likely will make this one of our # 1 getaways. The Room was spacious. The views from the room were priceless. In room couple message before dinner was wonderfully relaxing. We had breakfast and Dinners on the site and traveled into town and down the coast line during the lunch and early afternoon hour. Extremely clean and quiet...

Room Tip: Room with the large tub
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Bodega Bay Lodge? Share your experiences!