“Not too shabby” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sandpiper Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Overlooking beautiful Bodega Bay, Sandpiper offers a casual family atmosphere and dining experience with upscale, casual cuisine. Sandpiper is a place for everyone and we still have the best chowder in town!Chef Dominique Rooney is no longer at Sandpiper Restaurant as of October 13, 2013.
Oakland, California
“Not too shabby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Food was definitely good but the pricing was a little high but then again compared to other places nearby it was a steal so not really sure how to rank it. I ordered a cup of clam chowder and Dungeness crab louie. I found the soup to be average, looser than normal chowder and didn't taste to clammy. I like my chowder to taste like butter and cream but overall not too shabby. The crab louie was good. The dungeness was fresh and lightly seasoned. My husband ordered the fried seafood sampler. When he first saw it he was disappointed because it only came with fish and calamari, but upon further inspection he realized that the fish was rock fish and salmon. The cocktail sauce was garlicky, the cole slaw was tasty not to much mayonaise and the fish was breaded and good. The service was okay. The total cost for our meal including a beer was 43. Not cheap not expensive (keeping in mind right down the road the Tides was serving clam chowder for $14 per bowl compared with $10 here).

I think I would return.

• Visited April 2013

Lake Villa, Illinois
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The restaurant is located on a curb so if you pass it, you might have to drive a little bit before you can turn around.
The food was good and the service was quick. I had the crab roll and it was good.
Nothing special though, we could not see the ocean because of thick fog, so I don't know how the view is.

• Visited April 2013
Grass Valley, California
“Great crab omlet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We like breakfast here but they do not open until 9am. Nice views from the tables over looking the bay

California
“Would not recommend !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there, but found it very pricey for just one course. Usually for $18 one would receive at least some bread and perhaps small salad. Also their menu items differed from the menu given to us by the adjacent motel. One curious note: both our entrees were stated to come with Macaroni & Cheese! We requested potatoes as substitutes. I cannot imagine why a seafood restaurant would serve macaroni/cheese with salmon. Will not return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were in Bodega Bay for the Valentine's weekend. My girlfriend is allergic to gluten so she has a very restrictive diet. We went in and the staff was incredible. They helped us navigate the menu and pick which foods were gluten free. Moreover the chef came out several times to ensure we were take care of and the food was indeed well prepared for my girlfriend. In the end the chef even prepared us a special banana split for dessert. It was phenomenal. The food was great, the staff very attentive and helpful; we will come back again without a doubt.

• Visited February 2013