“A Nice View but the Fried food was too Grease”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Since we live not that far away my wife and I have been here several times. But today, for some reason it was not up to par. My wife had the Clam Chowder which she like and I had the Calamari with Chips which was not that good. They were grease and the breading was falling off. The Chips (French Fries) were under the Calamari and collected some of the grease from the Calamari. The setting is nice with a view of the Bay but not the food.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We live in the Bay Area and know Bodega Bay well. We thought we would try The Boat House on Sunday, 2 Mar 2014 for something simple for lunch. The fish-and-chips that I had was awful. Both the fish and the fries were overcooked and there was no taste or flavor. Same for the clam strips with chips my spouse ordered. The clam strips were overcooked and were tasteless. I concluded that no herbs and spices were used in the batter for either the fish or the clam strips. The quality of the food was very low. In my opinion, the restaurant overcooked the food to cover up for the low quality. My wife had a stomach ache after we ate at The Boat House. If you would like diet-coke soda, forget it. They only have RC-cola, no Pepsi and no Coke. I strongly recommend avoiding this restaurant. The food is expensive for what you really receive.

3  Thank TomatoJim
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We wanted a reasonable place to get fish and chips, shrimp and chips, and clam chowder in a bread bowl, without the fuss and expense of a traditional restaurant. This fit the bill nicely! We loved our food and the casual atmosphere. There are small tables inside but we chose the covered patio. Our order was delivered out to our table, and the food was hot and fresh! No sea view but the variety of chilled beer was a plus! Fish and chips were crunchy not greasy and chowder fresh and yummy with an awesome bread bowl. Would eat here again anytime!!!

3  Thank tmcc7
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We LOVE the excellent fish and chips. These are the very freshest and most delicious I have ever tasted. The place is very humble. Who cares!! They have an outside patio that is welcoming to dogs.

2  Thank stonypoint
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We shared the Fish N Chips and Calamari. Super fresh and done perfectly. The clam chowder is good - not great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Good value for your money. Really busy, but a table opened up by the time we ordered. We'll be back.

1  Thank RsvlTraveler