“Good food at fair prices”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Friends said this place had the best fish & chips in town and they're right. Along with a pretty good beer selection and prices that won't spoil your hard-earned vacation.

2  Thank XT-jockey
There are newer reviews for The Boat House

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great alternative to all the expensive hotel and high end restaurants in the area. After sightseeing all day long, fish and chips was a perfect end to our day! This unassuming place is a great stop.

2  Thank Getawaygeeks
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Really nice fish and chips. They reminded me of England. The fish tacos were good too. And the price is definitely right!

1  Thank point-breezer
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We always stop for yummy fish and chips at the boat house. The BBQ oysters are also super good. Prawns have recently gone up to 12.95 a basket so we got calamari and oyster combo instead. Very good. busers were very accommodating getting tables together for a few families. Food cooks up fast too. I'd skip the chowder as it was just average. Anyway well always eat here when we visit bodega bay. PS. The striped candy shop has really good taffy as opposed to the shop right by the boat house.

2  Thank woodsywoman
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I ate here after driving down the Sonoma Coast and visiting Bodega Head and the Bay. When visiting a gift shop in Duncan Mills the previous day, the store clerk had highly recommended this restaurant as having great seafood, so after locating the Boat House, we decided to stop in for dinner. This is a very small restaurant where you order at a counter soon after entering the door. A waitress brought our food rather promptly. We ordered a large clam chowder and calamari with fries to share. We were glad that we shared because the helping of calamari and fries was pretty large. We thought the clam chowder was good, but not great. It lacked the rich creaminess that is so wonderful in many clam chowders. The calamari and fries were prepared pretty well and tasty, although I have had better calamari. I would say it was rather average in quality and preparation. To be fair, my husband and I are not big on fried foods and this restaurant mostly serves fried fish meals. The restaurant has no atmosphere and there are no views of the bay or coast from the restaurant either. Meal pricing seemed fair enough. This is the only place we have eaten in at Bodega so cannot compare with other restaurants in the area. If I was coming back this way again, I would probably try another restaurant.