“Quirky but Very Bodega Bay”
Review of Bodega Harbor Inn

Bodega Harbor Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
Orlando, Florida
“Quirky but Very Bodega Bay”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I are traveling across country for 8 weeks with our dog. We chose this hotel because it was dog friendly. We have been using chain hotels whenever possible. But Bodega Bay is small and unique and so are the hotels. We booked this hotel and expected a room with no view. They have a lawn for common use that overlooks the bay. We were pleasantly surprised when they offered us Pelican 2. 1/2 of a house on the bay. It did cost a little more but it was worth it. I read the review of Pelican one. We did not have the same experience. The house is a mixed bag. The outside- needs work. The yard and one of the decks need a lot of work. It is run down. But the inside has been partially updated. The bathroom is dated but the rest of the house was very nice. We bought dinner at Pelican Plaza and ate on the deck. The place is unique and quirky- like Bodega Bay. The staff is very nice. It is not for anyone looking for perfection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sherlock621

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Waynesville NC
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a comfortable, clean, old-fashioned sort of place with a nice evening view from the Adirondike chairs in the yard. I was riding a motorcycle and got a good place to park that was both level and very hard-packed (you pull in behind the place, obvious turn-in right off the road).

My experience was enhanced by the phone reservation I made an hour before I arrived and by meeting the phone person in person when I got to the desk. She was both focused and exceptionally friendly. She knew her community and gave frank recommendations for a late drink and snack (when I park the bike after a day-long ride, I don't want to worry about riding in the dark in an unfamiliar community). Her kind of service can't be taught and it can't be paid for: I just consider myself lucky when I find it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MovingMountains
Rancho Murieta
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I were attending a wedding in Bodega Bay and since we didn't anticipate spending much time in our room I was looking for an economy-priced room that would suffice for our two night stay. We found exactly what we were looking for at the Bodega Harbor Inn. The accommodations weren't four-star but the experience was.
From the time I placed our reservation until we left, Lisa and George did everything they could to help us enjoy our stay. The per-arrival communication was excellent and Lisa even allowed us to check in early because our room had not been used the night before. She also directed us to a great lunch eatery that was only a short walk from the hotel.
Our room faced the harbor so we had a good water view from our deck. Both nights we were able to enjoy happy hour with two different couples staying in the room next to us. We actually met several people during our stay and they were all very laid back and polite. It seems this hotel attracts that kind of clientele.
There were some negatives. They haven't had an ice aching in four months, so when you need ice you have to go to the managers with an ice bucket and wait for them to go to another building to retrieve ice. Another minor inconvenience was that our coffee machine didn't work. They eventually resolved the issue but it took a couple of hours. Lastly, the continental breakfast was pretty meager. Not much to it at all.
Overall the positives definitely outweighed the negatives and we're likely to stay there again the next time we're in the area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OldNorCalGuy
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Bodega Harbor Inn is exactly what I thought it was going to be. It is a very simple and quaint establishment in the heart of Bodega Bay. The staff is out of this world. They went out of their way to provide extra pillows, blankets and futon pads to accommodate the group I was staying with. They provided recommendations of places to eat and chatted with us throughout the weekend. They are very sincere and laid back people who run a great inn.

The location is perfect to drive anywhere in town in under 5 minutes. There is a convenient grocery store right next door that has all of the essentials. The grassy knoll out front is fantastic to have a beer or glass of wine and chat with friends, or newly formed friends, while taking in the sights of the bay and surroundings.

This is not a fancy place by any means. It provides the essentials for a fantastic stay. I believe it compliments the town of Bodega Bay perfectly. I'm not sure what other reviewers are talking about, but our room was spotless (#3). If you are looking to be pampered this is not the place for you.

If given the chance I will certainly stay here again. The price was on point, and the accommodations were plenty. My only complaint would be that I wish they had a spa to enjoy a good soak, but I will live!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steven717717
santa fe nm
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I loved this little place. Was there for a week so got to know the managers, Lisa and George. Great people. Very clean, so I don't know what that one reviewer I just saw was talking about. Nice big lawn to sun on and see the harbor. Close to the restaurants, nice little grocery next door and a great fish and chips place just across the street. Modern TV with a remote you can actually understand. Baseboard electric heat, so if it's cold, you need to think ahead and start it warming up. I stayed in No. 1 with a little private deck. French doors. Loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank brucezzzzzzz
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place looks nice at first, but wish we had not been so tired and had asked to see the room. We stayed in unit #5 and were grossed out by the dirty comforter, that looks as if it had never been washed, the mold growing on the wall in the shower, the 1/2 full bottle of shampoo left on the top ledge of the shower and the dirty shelf in the bathroom.

Maybe it was just our room, but check your room before agreeing to stay.

Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Mrtonothorns
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This has got to be the cutest little place I've stayed at. For my first time to Bodega the management was very helpful in directing me where the best spots in town where. Its over all very cozy and the local was great. Will defenitly be back soon. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
#2 of 3 in Jenner
Fort Ross Lodge
Fort Ross Lodge
#1 of 3 in Jenner

Been to Bodega Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!