“Birthday Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bodega Bay
Roseville, California
“Birthday Getaway”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We rented a cottage at this Inn. There was a slight problem with our cottage on first night, but they more than made up for it by giving us an upgrade at no charge! It was a birthday getaway and we would stay here again in a heart beat. Friendly staff and accomdating. Amazing views!

Room Tip: 16 has best view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank warren s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Germany
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed for just one night, hoping to have a great view of the harbor.
But, alas, there was a thick fog, so we listened to the fog horn! ;)
As it was rather cold as well ( end of September! ) we made a nice warm fire with provided wood in our living room. We were three adults, so 2 bedrooms with a livingroom was just perfect.
The bathroom was a bit small though.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Colfax Ca
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had the opportunity to visit Bodega Bay this past weekend for my brother Todd's wedding, and stayed at the Bodega Harbor Inn. From the time I arrived and walked in I felt very comfortable. Lisa met me at the front desk and was very pleasant. She has known my brother Todd for some time and really went out of her way to make my visit as wonderful as possible for me. My room was perfect, very clean, and the coffee pot was very much appriciated after the reception the night before. Upon my check out the following morning she had pastries, coffee and juice set out and I had the pleasure to meet Barney! I just want to say what a great job Lisa did and say that I will recomend the Bodega Harbor Inn to my family and friends.
Shelly Leal

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you are in Pelican 1, and you wear glasses, there's nowhere to put them in the bathroom while showering but on the toilet tank. Make sure you close the lid so your glasses don't fall in. A couple of our towels, though washed, had brown stains. There's a nice view of shore birds from the sliding door, but no screen, so be prepared to share the room with insect life, in our case, yellowjackets and flies. There's no fan, ceiling or otherwise, so the temperature is uncomfortable. The outdoor table is green with mold but a little sign inside the room urges you to clean up after yourself with the rags provided. We're almost out of toilet paper and nobody came to freshen the room (it's after 3), so the rags might come in handy. (Just kidding.) That same sign urges you to remove face makeup before using towels.... but the towels are already stained.... Also, there is no internet access from this room. It wouldn't take much to improve this place, but it feels decidedly unloved and very, very slipshod. I would not return and would never recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank musicmom3
Astoria, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at the Bodega Harbor Inn for one night with a friend. The place is run by a really nice couple and the rooms are clean and well kept. Beautiful quilts on the beds and a large bathroom for the size of the room. Unfortunately the beds are really uncomfortable. Neither of us got a very good night's sleep. It would probably keep me from staying there again. Otherwise a good experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed two nights in August. Coastal location is good. Room was very clean. Not fancy, but a decent place to stay at a reasonable price. No road noise as hotel sits above the main road. I would stay here again. They offer a continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

An unusual motel in that it's perched on a hillside and is comprised of small cabins, with the option of a veranda and view. Pity about the load of heavy cables across the view! The rooms were simply furnished and clean, and not your typical roadside motel. All you need for a road trip overnight stop. I would return and recommend the Bodega Harbour Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford
Fort Ross Lodge
Fort Ross Lodge
#1 of 3 in Jenner

Been to Bodega Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!