“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drakes Sonoma Coast Kitchen

Drakes Sonoma Coast Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Drakes Sonoma Coast Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Doran Park Road
Santa Rosa, California
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you're looking for a spot with an great view and exellent food, this is the place to visit. The staff us friendly and goes the extra mile to make sure your dining experience is one you will remember.

Rick M
Santa Rosa, Ca.

• Visited October 2012

savannah
“Best meal in days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent 3 days in Napa, and even ate at La Toque since we could not make reservations at the French Laundry, but our meal last night was fantastic. I had the duck breast, which was cooked to perfection, and my wife had the cod, also perfectly cooked. We recommend the cheese tray for an appetizer. We brought our own wine and paid the $15 corkage fee...nothing like drinking your favorite wines with a great dinner. Sara was excellent server, and lucky to have her...hopefully we can request her tonight. Also, breakfast today was very good. Pricing for meals was average, but what you should expect when eating at the resort.

• Visited October 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
“Insanely Delicious "Miso Marinated Local Cod"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Seriously, this was one of the best meals I've EVER had! Chef Jeff Reilly has really come up with something that is so outstanding, that it left an imprint... I've eaten all over the world - this seriously is my absolute favorite dish I've ever had.... The FRESHEST local cod sat atop a bed of Bloomsdale spinach, Maitake mushrooms, crispy Soba noodles, Dashi broth & hint of chili oil. We also shared the hugest piece of his famous chocolate cake with cream cheese icing! Deliciously decadent with a fresh not overbearing chocolate flavor. Chef Jeff also came out to personally mingle with us, sharing his knowledge about fodd & local wine "pics".... A memorable evening - oh yeah, he gave me the 2 recipes for both dishes! I'll have to practice for sure! We ate dinner BOTH nights we stayed there... The servers both nights were also excellent & made the evenings memorable - it'll be hard to top this experience, really! Thx Jeff!

• Visited September 2012
“A nice dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived, they said they were booked (again, we didn't make a reservation), but said we could sit in the bar/lounge. The menu was the same, so we were fine with that. It's definitely pricey ($140 for dinner, wine, appetizer and desert for two), but not unreasonable for a nice dinner. My husband had lamb chops. I had the chicken. Everything was great. Service was efficient and polite. I would certainly recommend if you're looking for a quiet, nice dinner.

San Jose, Ca
“Plaletable; but, very overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food here was good; but, quite pricey. Portions are small to say the least. Breakfast will run you around $35.00 (without tip) for two and you certainly won't walk away stuffed. Dinner for two was around $130.00 with both of us having one drink. My major two complaints about dinner was their Ceasar sald which was OK, only had one anchovy on it and very little cheese. I also ordered some Ice Tea which was quite cloudy when served. Wow, at their prices you'd think they could brew a fresh pot daily.

The service was good and friendly; but, I'd have to say we'll find somewhwere else If we ever return.

• Visited September 2012