“Best fish”

Lucas Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Great food, friendly service and spectacular views await you at Lucas Wharf Restaurant in Bodega Bay. We are a waterfront seafood restaurant on the beautiful Sonoma Coast, about 1-1/2 hours north of San Francisco and just minutes away from the wine country. We have a cozy lounge with a fireplace and a patio for outside dining. From your dinner table you might see the local fishermen unloading their catch on our dock while sea lions play in the water below and pelicans sail by overhead. We offer a large selection of seafood choices, plus steaks, pastas and vegetarian options. We have several unique signature dishes (calamari!) And delicious, seasonal dinner specials. We have a full bar and proudly feature premium Sonoma County wines and local draft beers. So, for either a romantic sunset dinner, a quick bite on your way through town or after a lazy day at the beach with the kids, visit Lucas Wharf Restaurant, family owned and operated since 1984.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Wife and I always make it a point to have dinner here when we are in the area. The wife loves the petrale sole and there halibut. I like there calamari steak. It's all very good. Everything is always very fresh. And you can buy fresh fish right from there dock, right off the boat.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My family and I have been to Lucas Wharf in the past however this trip was a disappointment.!
I did not like the big chunks of carrotts in the Clam Chowder and it tasted different NOT good!
We ordered a Crab Louie very little crab I should have taken a picture it had two bites of crab and a uge amount of lettuce. For a $26.00 Crab Louie you would hope to have a few more bites of crab. The crab cocktail had so much sauce you could not even enjoy the crab. It was drenched in sauce. Our Family and friends will nto be back! Very sad for this disappointment!
Our visit was on Thanksgiving weekend 2012.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very friendly waiters, one of the best chowders I've ever had with an outstanding view on Bodega bay.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had lunch here on Saturday, 11/3/12.

Pros: Seated immediately, good table next to the window, good view of wharf & water, very nice atmosphere overall, good service-didn't wait too long for food - waiter checked with us often enough but not too often.

Cons: There were really a LOT of flies buzzing around! We had to keep waving the flies off the food. We were sitting indoors, not outdoors! My boyfriend had the Seafood Pasta ($18.95), he said it was "just okay." I had the Fish & Chips ($13.95), it came with fries & coleslaw. The quantities were large. The coleslaw was "just okay." The fries were limp. The fish was not very good at all. It was more coating than fish. The coating was soft & limp rather than crispy. There was not much fish inside & some of that fish was brown.

Considering the prices, I expected a better quality of food.

A bit disappointing, the place looks very promising but the food is actually so-so. I would've given it 3 stars rather than 2 if it were anywhere else, but I expect much better seafood from a SEAFOOD restaurant sitting right on the water!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recommend having the chowder, crab cakes, a glass of local wine and enjoy the special views. A busy place like that ... they sure do a good good. Service, food, atmosphere: Ten all the way. We will be back!

1  Thank LuckyDuck y