“Greatfood and service right on the bay”

The Tides Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The beautiful setting and views at the Tides Wharf Restaurant will be the highlight of your visit to the Sonoma Coast. You'll enjoy our bright and airy dining room, large menu and attentive table service. The Tides is a favorite of first-time visitors and locals alike. Our Clam Chowder is house-made from scratch every day. Great for families or a romantic night out! Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 365 days a year Espresso Bar open daily at 7 a.m. Fresh Seafood Specials, Clam Chowder, Fish & Chips, Local Crab and Salmon (in season), Burgers, Pasta, Steaks, Vegetarian Children's Menu Food-to-Go House-Made Desserts and Pastry Shop Gift and Souvenir Shop Fresh Fish Market, Gourmet Grocery and Wine Large Groups Welcome
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My wife's Red Snapper was cooked to perfection, and my Shrimp Provencale was awesome. Wish I could get both recipes!

Reviewed January 23, 2011

We've eaten at this restaurant a number of times in the 90s and as recently as about 2005 and always enjoyed it. This Christmas we were both disappointed with the food (service and setting were fine, as before). My scallops were inedible, over-cooked and with the texture of rubber; my wife's fish as well. I returned my dinner only partly eaten. They adjusted our bill, modestly. But we'll give the place a miss next time. Sadly, after some good evenings there.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed over night at the Inn at the Tides and decided to come here only because it was so close and we were so tired. The bar and bartender are really good. We had a cocktail earlier in the day and she was nice, friendly, funny and made a great drink. That evening we returned for dinner. Sigh. What can I say but that this place was a total disappointment. I will say the server was eager, sweet and attentive but not over bearing. The problem was simply the food. My husband had the steak sandwhich and fries and got a very basic & fatty New York and Ore Ida steak fries. We ordered th crab/shrimp cocktail appetizer. It was the little bay shrimps and the local crab. It was good and tasted pretty fresh. I ordered the crab melt which came on twi pieces of Wonder white bread, two small lumps of crab meat in the middle, a melted piece of cheese and topped off with a soggy tomato. Oh and again the Ore Ida's. I had a glass of wine and water and my husband had a rum and coke. Our bill came to $134 plus tip. I wish they'd had a Subway or something because anything would have hurt less than signing that check. We'll always stop in for a drink or two and stop for my traditional stuffed sea otter or dolphin from the gift shop. But I can positively say we will NEVER eat here again. Well never say never. If were starving and drunk I might lol, but only to avoid driving and I would only order a basic cheesebuger or grilled cheese. Something that couldn't possibly be $19.99 for wonder bread and velveeta.

2  Thank Hawaiiluv
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We were a group of 7 (we had pasta, seafood, fish & chips, salads and steaks). Portions were plenty. Every dish that we ordered had good balanced flavor and was fresh. The view was spectacular- you can watch a perfect sunset while enjoying good food .

Reviewed January 3, 2011

Go to this restaurant on Friday night during crab season. Very reasonable if you eat a lot of crab (which we did).