“dungenes crab season”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The beautiful setting and views at the Tides Wharf Restaurant will be the highlight of your visit to the Sonoma Coast. You'll enjoy our bright and airy dining room, large menu and attentive table service. The Tides is a favorite of first-time visitors and locals alike. Our Clam Chowder is house-made from scratch every day. Great for families or a romantic night out! Serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 365 days a year Espresso Bar open daily at 7 a.m. Fresh Seafood Specials, Clam Chowder, Fish & Chips, Local Crab and Salmon (in season), Burgers, Pasta, Steaks, Vegetarian Children's Menu Food-to-Go House-Made Desserts and Pastry Shop Gift and Souvenir Shop Fresh Fish Market, Gourmet Grocery and Wine Large Groups Welcome
Denver, Colorado
“dungenes crab season”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had lunch at The "Tides Wharf" today and I was very happy with our experience. Driving up the northern California coast , we stopped at Bodega Bay for lunch and selected the Tides . This restaurant meet all of my expectations. We were seated prompted, requested the crab special and were served promptly and courteously. I started with the fish/vegetable soup ( it was excellent) and the house special was also very good. We also had a glass of wine . The luncheon was very fine and well priced. We also purchased fresh baked bread and a bottle of wine to take with us. All in all , we were totally satisfied.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Thomas H

• Polish first
Boulder, Colorado
“Overpriced mediocrity”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our honeymoon. We were looking forward to an excellent meal and were sorely disappointed. First sign of trouble: the hostess was seating another party and the manager was casually leaning up against the wall and proceeded to tell us where the hostess would sit us when she got back. He didn't greet us or make any move to seat us in the hostess' absence. Then there were the plastic 7up water glasses. This place markets itself as some upscale seafood restaurant and they don't even use real glasses? The food is WAY overpriced for what it is. We started with the chowder in a bread bowl and the clams were chewy and the bread so chewy it was not edible. Frozen vegetables, bland seafood, and everything in little plastic containers. The whole meal was terrible and cost a fortune for what it was. We will never go back and recommend passing this place by!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Kay L
Carmel, California
“Average food but nice views”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Basically you're paying for the view here. The food was mediocre at best. The service pretty below par. Sorry, but it reminded me of eating at hospital cafeteria or something. Bland. The place looked so promising from the outside but i really think they could do better with a more 'local' menu and more inspired interior feel. I hate to be negative but we really didn't rate it.

Visited October 2013
Greenwood, Indiana
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were given seats right by the windows and were entertained by the sea lions while we ate breakfast. The variety of food was good and it was delicious. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
California
“Tides Wharf”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What I am going to say here is probably information requested in the rating section. I found them to be overpriced and the food was average. I had the Petrale Sole which was more expensive that the restaurant down the road and not done quite as well. I agree with the reviewer known as Hawkfans. My husband ordered a spicy pasta dish and wasn't very impressed. On the up side, the view was pretty nice. I would also add the fish market located within was extremely overpriced although given their location, I think it was probably very fresh.

• Visited March 2013