Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Amazing ride

Reviewed August 10, 2017
Epsomsalts10
Epsom, United Kingdom

All reviews private beach canter trot horses guide ranch
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2018

My family went on a trail ride today and they absolutely loved it. The guides were great and they were really nice to the children. I would highly recommend this!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I tried to book a group ride for myself but was told that time It was booked so I was booked on the group late afternoon ride. I specifically asked in my email how long we would canter on beach as I had ridden many times before and this was my dream. I was assured that we would have plenty of time to canter and I booked it. The ranch itself was a bit hard to find and the specific building but when I arrived the unfriendly woman seemed annoyed that I was 10m late even though I had told her on the phone. I paid on a card reader attached to a tablet and then was told to drive back to another location. I had no idea that I wouldn't be riding from the ranch. I drove another 15m through traffic on a Sunday to get to the location and was thankfully greeted by Bishop, my guide. He was great! I was the only rider so didn't understand why I didn't just go there to start and pay as we had lost 30m now. We took the horses for 25m on sandy hilly trails to the beach dunes of Sonoma state beach which we had to ourselves. I told bishop how excited I was to run the horses on the beach and he seemed to think that we didn't do that except with private rides which I was essentially having. He did try to get his horse to canter on the beach so mine could follow but his horse had been out all day and was tired. It was beautiful and despite a call to bishop from the office saying to return and cut my ride short which he didn't, we walked there for 20m. I guess the office was to go home early.
We headed back and I had my full 1.5 hour ride but little to no running so that was a bit disappointing. Bishop was excellent though and I would recommend him. It was fun but office needs to be more accurate and effficient for their riders.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank JeannineH-M
Reviewed August 10, 2017

We booked a private ride for our daughter as she's experienced. We met Abbie the guide and Judge the horse near the beach. She had a wonderful 1.5 hour beach and dune ride. Abbie was lovely and I know she'll remember her trip for a long time! It's expensive but well worth it.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017

My family and I got to ride in the dunes and on the beach on a beautifully windy day (so skies were clear with no fog). It was just the four of us and one staff (a private ride). Our guide made it extra enjoyable. And the horses were into it, too. Got to canter on the beach Wish we could have done this more. Took our time through the dunes. If we had spent just a little bit more time on the beach, I would have definitely given it a five. There may be other choices for horse riding here. But Horse-N-Around is the way to go.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2016

My husband and I were in California celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary and knew we wanted to make a stop to do some horseback riding near the ocean and what an amazing experience it was!

I hadn't been on a horse in a longtime and my husband is a first time rider. Everyone at Horse N Around was so awesome! Sarah Beth greeted us an was so lovely, the ranch itself it beautiful surrounded by rolling hills, wetlands and the ocean, how can you go wrong!

My husband and I had booked a private ride on the wetlands trial. Our guide Kat was awesome! She was super friendly and explained everything about the horses and the ride. My horse was Jaxson and my Husband had Tiger, the race horse who loved to stop and eat the grass! The horses were lovely and the trial itself was beautiful! We saw a stag some does and a mountain lion!! So cool! You can also see the ocean from this trial which is so beautiful. Make sure to bring your camera for some great shots!

The wetlands is one of the shorter trails but next time we'd love to try the longer beach ride! We hope we can visit again soon and will definitely be stopping by Horse N Around again for another amazing trial ride! My husband loved it so much he wants to look into doing some more Horseback riding in and around our hometown!

Thanks again to everyone for making it such an amazing and memorable experience!

Date of experience: October 2016