“Fantastic Italian Restaurant, But Little Known”

Bay View Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bay View Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My spouse and I were staying at the Inn at the Tides and found out about the Bay View Restaurant there at the Inn through some friends. We had a wonderful dinner there on Sunday, 2 Mar 2014 while we were staying at the Inn. Check for restaurant hours because they are not open every day.
We started with arugula salads that were superb; Gorgonzola cheese, golden beets, red beets, shaved fennel, candied walnuts, and cherry tomatoes (Insalata di Rucola e Dolcelatte). I followed this with veal cutlet with Parma prosciutto, white wine and sage in butter sauce, mashed potatoes (Saltimbocca alla Romana). My spouse had Ravioli ai Porchini that was delightful. I finished with the best Panna Cotta I have ever eaten, even taking into account my vacations in Italy. The Panna Cotta was light and served with a pear sauce. With the meal we had a pinot noir from Hartford Wines (Forestville, CA) that was excellent and paired well with the food. What a meal!!!

2  Thank TomatoJim

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We came on a spirit of moment. We were driving and we decided to stay at The Inn At the Tides. The restaurant is right there. Low season, sunday night. Nice place, warm and cozy. It was just us and another table with 2'people. Nice staff, good food. Nothing fabulous , just ok. Great ambience

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Loved this restaurant - we walked down from our hotel room and the food was great! I had the filet of sole (which was caught locally) and it was excellent!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant but it was more like a cheap cafe. At the door ther was a printed review of some years back which rated the restaurant for location, great, view, service, all were very good but the food was only 2 star and I must say it wasn't any better for the passing years. I had mussels which were dry and the sauce was so sweet it set my tongue back! The crab cakes were very fatty. On the whole a lot of money for a nice view, hav a coffe on the balcony and save yourself 80 bucks!

1  Thank John W
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Get yourself a glass of sauvignon Blanc and sit back and order a great meal with nice views, if you stay at the inn, you will get 20% off, thus a great meal and great bargain, menu has strong italian influence beyond stereotypical Italian American dishes

1  Thank whyteb0y