“The classic seafood shack on the bay”

Spud Point Crab Company
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Outdoor picnic tables overlooking the water. Great white chowder (but don't overlook the spicy red chowder). Terrific simple crab sandwiches. The bill adds up, but it's worth it. It can be chilly so bring a sweater.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Little take out place with tables. Ordered a crab sandwich, loaded with crab, but a bit light on the seasoning for my taste. Maybe it is my being accustomed to Old Bay, and eating Maryland crabs. The white chowder was much more flavorful than typical New England style, with lots of clams and a bit of spice. Stayed hot in the contained while we took it back to our rental. Heard the red chowder was good as well, wished we had tried both! Try to visit at off times so the line is shorter.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went for the chowder but I fell in love with the crab sandwich. Delicious! The chowder was also excellent with lots of fresh clam. As other reviewers have said it has more than a garlic taste than most but I really liked it. I'm not sure if it was better than the Boat House but it was different. It's one of 3 chowders that I had on our trip and I liked them all a lot but they were all slightly different. It was definitely a fun place to go and I would recommend it. Note that it's only open during the day from 9 - 5.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The clam chowder was $6.75 a bowl. It was creamy and pretty good. For those of you that don't like garlic though this isn't the chowder for you, it's very strong.

Seating was a bit of an issue, because this place is popular. My wife and I had to stand in line for awhile to place our order and get our food. It's basically a walk up & order place, think of it as a to go location.

It's not the best bowl of chowder ever, but was definitely better than Fisherman's Cove right next door.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our friends and I took a drive along the coast and heard about this place for having the best Clam Chowder, and oh yeah....were they right! It was so very good! Cute little place. Wanted crab cakes, but they did not have any! We will have to try next time to get those after 1:00 on a Sat, I was told!