All reviews lower camp camp area bodega head coast firewood rv campfire fog
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Lovely, quite campsite. Choose between grass or sand stands. Camp under trees. Good ablutions, nice hot water showers. Campsite is protected from the wind. Beautiful beach to walk on. Explore Bodega Bay and eat Clam Chowder at Spud Point Crab Company.

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank 173ernap
Reviewed June 23, 2018

This is a nice, shady campground. We did not have a reservation and were camping in our conversion van. We were traveling with our boxer.
We selected site 49. Our site was right near an interior road, but it didn't get lots of use.
There was a large family gathering that was a few sights down from us. But, they quieted down before we went to bed.
If you want to take a shower, bring quarters!

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Kate C
Reviewed June 4, 2018

I've been going there for the last 3 years and every time, my son now 10 years old, has a great time. This time we had a really great experience meeting Mike the camp host located at the lower campground area. Our campsite was right across from him so we go to meet him. I really liked the way he was very professional, friendly, and extremely helpful. He told my son and me about the free beach access, firewood purchases, and things to do in the area. He was always driving around in the golf cart checking peoples camping sites to make sure they were paid up and the camp sites were in good clean order. The reason we would know this is because our camp site was directly across from his site and so we would see him continuously come back and forth delivering firewood to people who needed it or just making his rounds around the park to make sure everyone was situated. My son and I would also ride our bikes around the park and always see him checking camp sites and helping people with their questions. It made me feel safer that Mike was there because he always seemed to know who was there so it made you feel this park is well managed. There are lots of families there so your child can ride around on their bicycles, climb up sand dunes, or play on the beach which is located inside the park. Once camp is set up you can ride your bike to the beach, or drive down to the Bodega Bay private parking lot and access the beach that way. If you camp down at the lower camp grounds below more to the end of the park there are camp grounds that have more sand dunes where your kids will have a better time climbing up and down the dunes while still being in your camp site. (FYI) the camp host women located at the upper camp grounds was not very helpful and not friendly at all. She had her arms crossed the whole time I was talking to her when I was asking her about things to do for kids in the area. She told me, “this place is more for families, so I recommend you to drive up the coast for 2 hours to another camp area.” She said this to me when I had my 10 year old son standing right next to me as though we were not considered a family. She should be fired and replaced with someone like Mike who is professional, helpful, and kind and who actually is productive everyday around the camp areas and actually does something. She looks like she never leaves her camper. *She has long grey hair and looks like a “cat women” and did actually have a cat starring at us through the window of her RV when we were talking to her. You’ll know when you see her! Just run! ;-)

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank TravelAbroad13
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I had to find a beach that was an easy walk from the parking lot. This one is an easy walk on a man made long switchback ramp. The beach is very large and not crowded at all. This a pay use beach (very cheap) and I think that is why it is not crowded. Nice sandy beach and a ton of sand crabs if you dig at the water line. There are bathrooms but they are at the parking lot. This was our second trip to this beach and have enjoyed both visits. The fee you pay also gets you into the other fee beach (Wrights Beach) which I have also reviewed.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank d0nw0lf
Reviewed August 3, 2017

A clean, relatively quiet place. A longgggg walk to the beach, an easy drive. Lots of places to play and huge sand hills for kids to roll down. Plenty of space between campsites so you don't feel cramped. Always love coming to the coast. It is not like other places so don't expect it...

Room tip: This is a campground
Date of stay: June 2017