“Clean and family friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bodega Bay
Bodega Dunes Campground
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We drove up to Bodega Dunes July 1st. We arrived around 10:00am with no reservation. They handed us a map of the 98 campsites. The ranger told us to find one we liked and let her know.
We really liked #31 right across from showers and restrooms. It was on sand and backed up against large dunes with lots of trees, a fire pit and food locker. Everything was very well kept and clean. Most sites were seperated enough so you didn't see your neighbor.
There are two seperate beaches within walking distance. I like the Pacific Ocean side the best. You can drive almost right up to the beach or walk about 10 min. to it. When perchasing the campsite pass for $25 you can visit any California state park for free for the following 24 hours. We really liked some of the other beaches we sampled on the way home.
At dusk a buck passed through our campsite. We overheard someone mention seeing a fox as well. We saw a couple of different tracks in the sand around our car, looked like raccoon.The weather was great for coastal temp. about 79 high 52 low. At night it was so quiet everyone was so respectfull, you could hear the ocean faintly. It was really comfortable even in a tent. The Dune hills really seemed to cut the winds down.
We will be back, our kids loved it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
6  Thank MirandaPen

Reviewed June 21, 2008

I am a youth leader for a church in West Sacramento, California, and decided to take a group of our young members on a trip to the coast. There was a group of twenty of us and we decided to stay at Bodega Dunes Campgrounds. The gatesman was nice, but the Park Ranger by the name of Ben was not as nice. I guess he was threatened by the size of our group. He harrassed me on more than one occasion, and at one point he stood on the street next to our campsite watching us and waiting for someone to mess up. At dusk we made a campfireand told ghost stories. I was the last one in bed at 11:30pm. The next morning I was starting breakfast, and the "camp host" came up and was angry that we were up all night being loud. I questioned him about a formal complaint after 10pm and he couldn't answer me. He kicked us out on a note left by Ben. I have no idea why they didn't want us there... I'm assuming they don't like larger groups. I will NEVER return there.

• Stayed: June 2008
3  Thank YouthBaptist
Reviewed April 17, 2008

We love the Dunes! It is well taken care of. The bathrooms are clean and the showers free. It's a nice walk around the campground and people are friendly. I fined that it's not very windy in the campground. At night I can hear the fog horn and that helps me slip into a nice sound sleep.
We have been camping at Bodega Dunes now twice a year for the last 8 years. My Son and his wife and my Granddaughter love to go with us. The camp sites are of good size .
Someday give it a try and I think you'll like it at the Dunes.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Victory58
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We went back to the campground for our girls birthday, with two under teenage years children we had a wonderful time, they seen deer when they went to the rest room and were very excited, we camped in our tents and it rained very little in the morning but it didn't put damper on the trip at all. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank marsalia
Reviewed July 3, 2006

This campground is one of the better campgrounds that we've stayed in. The campsites are big with privacy all have food lockers, pinic tables and fire rings. And the showers are FREE. The only bad thing is the weather. It was July 2nd and very windy and COLD a whopping 38 degrees at 8:00pm .

• Stayed: July 2006
13  Thank bongodavis
A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2006

Bodega Dunes was a great place to camp, clean nice wild life. The only thing we had a problem with was that there was a really annoying horn that went off periodically (every minute or so) 24 hrs a day. I got to the point that I could ignore it but going to sleep at night when everything was quiet, it really detracted from the experience and made it harder to drift off to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2004

Bodega Bay Dunes was a great place to camp. the place was great to camp. I took my three year old camping for the first time there and she had a blast. i am pleased with there cleanliness with the bathrooms and showers.. i highly recommend this place to camp. it is safe for children. Plenty of things to do there.. so relaxing. i love how u can drive out of the camping area and over to the ocean less than two mins to drive. Anyways, i dont want to keep going on, on how much i loved this place...

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Johnson's Beach - Cabins and Campground
Safari West
Safari West
#1 of 3 in Santa Rosa

Been to Bodega Dunes Campground? Share your experiences!