Inn at the Tides
Bodega Bay Lodge(Bodega Bay)(Great Value!)
$279
$189
$289
Occidental Hotel(Occidental)(Great Value!)
$137
$115
The Continental Inn(Tomales)(Great Value!)
$230
Sebastopol Inn(Sebastopol)
$169
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol(Sebastopol)(Great Value!)
$159
TripAdvisor
Bodega Harbor Inn(Bodega Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomplimentary bottle of winebay view restaurantfog horncomplimentary breakfastice machinepool and hot tubsalmon creekwood burning fireplacebit datedan updatesmall patiohotel restaurantlarge roomsonoma coastbeautiful groundsking bedwharf
Reviewed May 26, 2008

My girl and I decided for a quick getaway to Bodega Bay. Being regulars to the area, we decided to opt for something new and get a room on a Thursday night at the Inn At The Tides. Unfortunately, there weren't many rooms available, so we went ahead and splurged and got the "Sonoma Room" for $250 for the night.

Ask for the AAA discount, they took off more than $50 bucks!!!!

Anyway, upon arriving, the desk staff was ok - polite and informative, but not too friendly. The room was the real treat. The room was located on the southwest side of the property, in a single story building with only one other smaller room attached. The room had pretty big bathroom, with an overpriced fridge/mini-bar ($3 snickers!), a decent tv, king size bed, a couch, a desk, an awesome fireplace (with plenty of free wood!), a smaller table, and a good size nook in the wall good for luggage and golf clubs. The room had great ambiance, with nice artwork and vaulted ceilings, and included a nice bottle of complimentary chardonnay. I particularly enjoyed the small patio with table and chairs that had an awesome bay view, only made better with the beautiful landscaping all around. At night it was quiet and beautiful. Most people either like or complain about the foghorn in Bodega Bay, but in this room, you cannot even hear it. The bed was super comfy and had 6 pillows! Also, we can't really say anything about the hotel restaurant services, because we didn't have the breakfast, because there is better local fare. Overall, we had a great time!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I was greatly disappointed by the hotel services. The hotel offers complimentary lan cable internet connection. However, I was having some issues hooking up to the internet connection in my room and called the frontdesk for help. She not only did not help me resolve this problem; she said that she had to charge me a higher room rate when I requested to change to the room next door if its internet connection worked. I had to drive down to their business center and use their wireless connection for work, which is so inconvenient. In addition, I was charged for making local calls, which I find is unreasonable. This is definitely not what I expect from a hotel that charges $200/night. I am definitely not going back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank babyblues512
Reviewed May 9, 2008

This is one of the worst places I have stayed at in a long time. My husband and I were looking for a respite from our hectic schedules and looking forward to a comfortable room and great view. The view was great, the room, not so much. The bed was like a concrete block and the sheets were so stiff - it was ridiculous. Not to mention that on several attempts to enjoy the pool and hot tub in the evening, there were loud, rowdy groups at the pool. We didn't get a good nights sleep and got to start our day with a complimentary breakfast at "The Tides" restaurant that would rank worse than any Denny's I have ever been in. At over $200 a night, we were extremely disappointed in the service, the accommodations and the general experience. We came home and finally got a good nights sleep and food that didn't make us sick!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mddt
Reviewed April 11, 2008

We booked the "Stay Awhile" package for $179 per night for a king vault room. You need to stay three nights mid-week but the deal includes both continental breakfast and dinner. The breakfast consists of either oatmeal or granola, a small dish of fresh fruit, a small glass of juice, a basket of miniature muffins and croissant plus coffee. The dinner is three courses. The starters include crab cakes, clam or seafood chowder, a green salad with shrimp or a prawn cocktail. The main courses include salmon, steak, crab Louise,, a couple of pastas and red snapper. The desert includes anything on the menu and there are about ten choices. Tax, tip and coffee are included so the meals on this package would exceed $100 a couple if you ordered the same items from the menu.
The room was very spacious and had a couch, table with two chairs and a fireplace supplied with wood. The best feature of the room was the beautiful view out over Bodega Bay. If you can handle a flight of stairs, I'd recommend a second-floor room for a better view. A couple of nice extras were we were given a free bottle of wine in the room and that internet is included. Overall we could find nothing to complain about and will gladly return.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Our one night stay was 4/08/08. After reading the Jekyl and Hyde reviews here, we were not certain what to expect. Fortunately, we were richly rewarded with a most pleasant stay. From check-in with a detailed explanation of what our visit included until checkout, our stay was perfect. We were blessed with two days of beautiful weather which helped. The buildings seem to all be two stories. Our unit had 2 queensized beds as requested and a small patio with table and overlooking the bay. Upon opening the door, we found a complementary bottle of chardanney on the table. An ice bucket, opener and real wine glasses(as opposed to the plastic/styrofoam usual) were provided and an ice machine just outside the door. This made for the start of a pleasant afternoon. The room heater kept the temp perfect as we set it. In the morning, a steaming hot bath with unlimited hot water started the day. A free continental breakfast at the Tides Restaurant across the street was very good with muffins, croissants, fresh fruit dish and two kinds of cereal available. We booked the room following an email special rate which we were told is generally available in March and April. We would definitly visit again.

Stayed: April 2008