Inn at the Tides
Bodega Bay Lodge(Bodega Bay)(Great Value!)
$279
$189
$189
Occidental Hotel(Occidental)(Great Value!)
$137
$115
The Continental Inn(Tomales)(Great Value!)
$230
Sebastopol Inn(Sebastopol)
$169
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol(Sebastopol)(Great Value!)
$159
Farmhouse Inn(Forestville)
$745
$445
Preferred Hotels
Fort Ross Lodge(Jenner)(Great Value!)
$169
All reviewscomplimentary bottle of winebay view restaurantfog horncomplimentary breakfastice machinepool and hot tubsalmon creekwood burning fireplacebit datedan updatesmall patiohotel restaurantlarge roomsonoma coastbeautiful groundsking bedwharf
Reviewed December 26, 2007

We stayed at this Inn during Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel room was old and had the smell of an old room. Beds were old and sagging and the promised "view" was over rooftops and air conditioning. The price was more than nicer hotels in neighboring towns and for what we received, we thought it was not worth the money. The included breakfast was across the street and was so crowded that we would have had to wait for an hour. I would not recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank winetravelDallas
Reviewed December 22, 2007

What a nice stay. Friendly and attentive staff. Panoramic view of Bodega Bay.

I took a first floor room #707 at $155 a night . You can actually see the view I had on their website. King bed with fireplace.

Comparable to a nice Best Western but with those differences that make all the difference. Complementary Inn-label Chardonnay, live poinsetta and table evergreen in room. Lots of lighting with several spots, desk and two tables with lamps. Yellow painted walls and yellow textured wallpaper , No. Calif. coastline photos, blue tile f/p, pinewood furniture made it the nice Sonoma getaway I wanted.

The nicely dressed staff made me feel like they were happy to have me and the maid service tidied up my room when it was convenient for me (I slept in late) without my prompting.

Out my window (with a SW orientation )I had a fantastic view of the bay and the ocean just beyond. Situated on hill I had nothing but the water and pasture and some grazing livestock. There is a foghorn from somewhere out the oceanway. Reminds me for some reason of the lighthouse on Alcatraz the way it was everpresent. But I didn't hear a single car sound from my room the whole time!

Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank SFTravelerToo
Reviewed December 1, 2007

As we pulled in I was excited the grounds looked nice the bay was right across the street and then all hell broke loose. We arrived 20 minutes before check in but our room was not ready even though I didnt notice any other guests staying there. As we waited the 20 minutes in the lobby we couldnt help but notice the many stains on the dining room table clothes next to lobby. The staff was by far the worst as we waited they were so loud carrying on their own conversations about Dead Presidents. Finally we were told our room was still not ready so we would get a new room. Why couldnt they have done that to begin with? We get to our room and the keys dont work. We go back to the font desk and they reprogram our keys. We try again to get in our room and guess what they still dont work!! We called down this time and they said they would send maintenence, he cleaned the lock out and finally the keys worked. Also let me mention that even though it was about 3:45 there was a room service platter filled with pancakes and hashbrowns next to the doorstep of our room. Durring the whole process of trying to get into our locked room 2 maids walked by and manitence came to help us and yet no one picked it up!!! Finally we get in our room and there are stains all over the carpet, the mattress felt like one of those fake ones they use in department stores to showcase sheets. My husband I both felt extremely dirty just being in the room we didnt even want to touch anything. The one good thing I will say is that the grounds were nicely manicured and the pool looked ok, but you couldnt pay us to stay there and we left and went home. Luckily we dont live that far away!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank groovy00799
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Looks more like a condo complex than a hotel. Large pool, spa, sauna and exercise area. Attractive landscaping, good bay views, distant ocean views. Pleasantly--if modestly--decorated. Working fireplace. Bathroom tile could be re-grouted, some of the woodwork could use a refinish, but the cleanliness, views and inviting pool area more than make up for some minor deficits.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikec1040
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I had read some of the negative reviews and almost cancelled our reservation. However, being a Sonoma County local and having driven by the property dozens of times, curiosity got to us and we were pleasantly suprised. The front desk service was great (both cute and helpful), beautiful grounds and gorgeous views. We opened the blinds to of our room when we arrived to have a family of deer eating grass only feet from the window - outstanding! Some modernizing could be done - especially the bathrooms. The restaurant was not as fancy as we had hoped, although perfect for a quaint romantic brunch (included). We opted to go elsewhere for our anniversary dinner, as we were looking for some more formality - but that was just our preference. All in all, a very pleasant stay and well worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple