Review Highlights
Fabulous ride!

My grandson and I went riding today at Chanslor and had a fabulous time. The staff was wonderfully... read more

Reviewed June 6, 2019
andreaaE3891YZ
Sonoma County, California
via mobile
Wonderful Ranch,scenic trails, experienced guide...made my day!

Being a former trail guide, I would never ride at a ranch that does not take good care of it's... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2018
MizCamille
Franklin, Tennessee

All reviews great ride well taken care horseback riding state campground rescue horses expert stables riders dunes tent saddle teacher beach blast trail coast campsite
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2018

We were a party of five on the beach ride. It was just us and our wrangler Anyel. Anyel was excellent at making sure everyone was comfortable on their horse and with the entire experience. The ride to the beach by a campsite and through the dunes was interesting. We came across two deer in the dunes. Anyel quickly came up with an alternate route so that the horses didn't have to go too close to the deer. The beach is interesting. There were several large temporary structures built of driftwood but we were virtually the only people on the beach.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank BadgerDave
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Husband bought this for my bday gift since it was on my bucket list of things to do. I loved it! We got there 30 minutes early and since we were the only guests on the ride, they took us early, which was much appreciated. Our guides were great, Charles & Anyl (probably spelled her name wrong! She was so sweet!) were both easy to talk to and knowledgeable ! I'm no expert, but the horses looked to be very healthy and well cared for. I felt very comfortable with the horses. I loved the beach they took us too, we were the only people/animals on it! We weren't rushed or hustled during the entire 2 hours and I appreciated that. Highly recommend Chanslor Stables and looking forward to doing this again!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Sarah (I hope I remember her name correctly young dark hair) was our guide on the beach ride and was great! You check in at the office and then they truck the horses to the dunes where the ride starts (you meet them there) I’m a beginner my hubby has just a touch more experience than me. I thought you got to choose your horses (what do I know) but they assign them to you which was fine. I’m a bigger girl so I had a big horse named Madonna and hubby had ET. My horse definitely had a personality she wanted to keep stopping to eat grass lol but the horses are well trained and guide very helpful. You start in the sand dunes then come out into the mostly deserted beach. Beautiful and fun ride. We got too close to the water and my horse started to run away so I had to use my newly learned skills to stop her lol it was fun and a great experience! I would definitely go back to this company for more riding maybe for one of the different rides! I don’t know how my butt will feel about that though lol!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I’ve gone on rides with Chanslor Ranch. Both times have been great. This time it’s under new management; and it seems even better than before!! My Mom & I went on a 1.5 Hour trail ride this week. Our guide was fantastic: friendly, encouraging, patient. The horses were a great balance of mellow and having personalities. The awesome thing is that they take in Rescue Horses to rehabilitate for the stable! The front office staff was friendly & welcoming. All in all, too-notch!

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank 906HockeyMom
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Chanslor Ranch is the best place ever for horseback riding. We did the beach ride and it was amazing! The horses were so well behaved but not boring as we did a little trotting. The weather was perfect! The absolute best part was our guide. “Cowboy Dave” is the man!! He was the best teacher and it’s the first time that I ever rode that I actually learned how to ride. He gave us so many pointers and made us practice so that we felt very comfortable in the saddle. He took pictures of us, told amazing stories and we had a blast! Highly recommend this! Worth every penny.

Date of experience: March 2018